By Karen McDonald
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Players develop beginning to more advanced math skills with integers, coordinate graphs, and simple linear equations in 30 Crate World activities, using "smaller" numbers to understand the math and detect errors more easily.
• In Apprentice Level 1, players move crates and recognize directions on horizontal or vertical number lines (-10 to 10) -- the main floor and elevator of Crate World, using math expressions with positive and negative integers and sometimes absolute values.
• In Apprentice Level 2, players find and move crates from side to side or up and down on Crate World, which has the appearance of a coordinate graph (-10 to 10).
• In Apprentice Level 3, players learn how to recognize and use direct routes (simple linear equations) to find and move crates.
• In Apprentice Level 4, players solve for missing variables in linear equations in order to reveal the routes and crate locations described in the equations.
• In Apprentice Level 5, players use common squares and square roots to calculate the shortest distances between crates and begin to use multi-step solutions to solve more complicated problems, including some with larger numbers outside of Crate World.
• Requires only single touches; players can also move crates by touching and dragging them from one location to another.
• Game-like environment provides immediate feedback in a non-busy setting conducive to thoughtful exploration.
• Self-contained; players will not see ads or have access to in-app purchases or the Internet from within this app.
Visit the website to download Apprentice Notes, which players can use if needed for background math information and examples.
What's New in Version 1.1
Some changes in graphics.
- Category: Education
- Updated: 03 November 2017
- Version: 1.1
- Size: 12.2 MB
- Language: English
- Developer: Karen McDonald
- © 2015 Karen McDonald
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.