By Biznet IIS Ltd
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Welcome to the official Dublin Bus App. This latest version has a new Bus it to Events section where you can search for the top venues and events in Dublin. Search for events like Music, Family Attractions or Sport and Shopping venues and get bus route information for that event or venue!
What's New in Version 4.2
• Functionality amended to allow for a Service Alerts feature
• Increased bus route number size on real time results screen
• Various bug fixes
Not fit for purpose
This app shows a lack of interest by Dublin bus in providing real time information to its customers. It has clearly never gone through any end user trials, it is unlikely that any of the developers or the Dublin bus mgt responsible for the app actually use Dublin bus services. Many third party alternatives provide a proper, modern app with more accurate data in some cases.
1. Try and figure out where you are on the map in iOS 10 (67% of all iOS devices and counting). Your location pin is exactly the same as a bus stop and this is confusing.
2. Screen is optimised for iPhone 5. A 4 year old device. App zooms on any phone since (iPhone 6, 6S, 7 and their plus siblings). Potential for better detail on modern phones is wasted.
3. Sidebar navigation is tricky to disengage at times. Try to remove it and you can see the map scrolling around.
4. App needs a summary page that shows your nearby 3 favourite stops and the next 3 busses at each.
5. Don't store too many favourites. They were all wiped in the June 2016 update.
If you want to browse stop locations near you one by one and find lots of stops for busses you have no intention of taking, this app is great. If you want to find a way to get from A to B in Dublin on a bus, this is useless. Use google maps, Apple maps, or talk to a random person on the street. All will be more helpful. User interface design was not a priority for this poor app, which is not a surprise for Dublin Bus, who don't even post decent maps of their routes at physical stops. This app fits right into their "if you have to ask where this bus goes, you shouldn't be taking it" attitude.
Layout is outdated
I don't know why people are complaining about this app not working. I've been using it fun for over a year now. I plan when I need to leave my house using it. Yes sometimes a bus doesn't show up but for me that very rare. This app displays exactly what's on the live times at the bus stop itself. But please update the layout!!
- Category: Travel
- Updated: 10 June 2016
- Version: 4.2
- Size: 6.2 MB
- Language: English
- Developer: Biznet IIS Ltd
- © i3 Digital 2014
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.