Rapid horse identification from its microchip. Generates complete and accurate records of horse movement and allows secure sharing of notes on animals between authorized users on your premises. Combining your phone with a hand-held microchip scanner this App allows rapid identification of any horse and taking and sharing of notes (for example on its health status/medication, owner, veterinary surgeon etc). Allows you to keep complete up-to the minute records of all horses coming to and from your premises. Can also assist in tracking the movement of horses during transportation.
Ensure all staff can correctly identify every horse, every time. Keep complete notes on each horse, easily accessed by all staff. Health observations, veterinary visits, farrier visits and administration of medication can all be easily recorded as notes. By scanning the horse before giving medication, staff can cross check that they are giving the right drug to the right horse. They can then instantly record a note, facilitating compliance with regulations. The exact location of each horse when last scanned can be accessed and mapped by authorized users at any time.
• Horses are identified by their microchip.
• Every time the microchip of a horse is scanned, the time, location and person scanning the horse is recorded.
• Notes on the horse can be accessed and updated quickly at the side of the horse.
• One person controls all the data, and can add and remove other users.
• All notes and location data is held securely and encrypted – and is only accessible by authorized users.
• Horses can be marked as having left the property (and returned to the property) to comply with movement legislation in some jurisdictions.
• Horses on the farm are searchable from the App, without having to scan them first.
• The information on identity of the horses on a farm and their microchip numbers can be uploaded from a spreadsheet and the information from horses can also be added the first time a horse is scanned.
• For multi-user use, one person on the farm needs to set-up a subscription. This person controls the data on that farm. All other users on the farm are free.
• The microchip number is sent as encrypted data by the scanner to the App for extra security.
• Notifies you if an unauthorized person scans one of your horses using the App.
The App requires special microchip scanners to work. These are available from www.veterinaryadvances.com.
Multi-user and Data Storage Subscription
A subscription is required to allow you to store data and share to users you authorise on the same farm. Only one person per farm is required to subscribe - this person can then authorise other users on the same farm to give them access to the data. If you do not subscribe, the data will only be kept locally on your own phone and you will not be able to share it with other users, nor see scans and notes produced by other users.
• The subscription is charged monthly
• Payment will be charged to your iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase
• The subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period
• Your account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period.
• You can manage your subscription and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to your Account Settings after purchase.
Bug fixes and stability improvements
- Veterinary Advances Ltd
- 13.8 MB
Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- © 2017 Veterinary Advances Ltd
- In-App Purchases
- Monthly Subscription €9.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.