Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Get into a good story on your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch or Mac. With iBooks, you can browse, download and enjoy your favourite books and authors whenever you want. You’ll find classics, bestsellers, up-and-coming authors, and even audiobooks.
• Explore a vast collection of books from all categories, and for all ages and reading levels.
• Browse our Featured books to find the hottest new releases, perennial bestsellers and curated collections.
• Read free samples of books, sometimes before they’re available anywhere else.
• Find beautifully illustrated and interactive books, including kids’ picture books, art and photography books, cookbooks and more.
• Check out our Top Charts to see what’s popular with other readers.
• Select the perfect audiobook and have your story read to you, or take it on the road and listen through CarPlay.
Great ways to read
• Choose from eight attractive fonts and four easy-to-read page colours.
• Add bookmarks and notes, and highlight your favourite passages.
• Find a word, character or phrase anywhere in your book with built-in search.
• Enable Auto-Night Theme to make reading more comfortable on your eyes.
• Adjust your screen brightness to find the perfect lighting for any environment.
• Move continuously through books instead of flipping pages by enabling Scrolling view.
• Hear the words on a page spoken when using iBooks with the accessibility features in iPad, iPhone and iPod touch.
• Print PDF documents and notes you’ve written on iBooks using AirPrint.
• Share quotes or thoughts about your favourite books with friends on Facebook, Twitter, Messages or Mail.
• Access any of the books you purchase from iBooks on all your devices.
• Share your book and audiobook purchases with family members using Family Sharing.
• Organise your books and PDFs into personal Collections that’ll appear on all your devices.
• Access bookmarks, highlights, notes and your current page on all your devices.
Supports open standards
• Open content is published in the ePub and PDF formats.
• Add ePub and PDF documents to iTunes and sync them to iPad, iPhone or iPod touch.
• Add PDF documents from Mail to your iBooks PDF collection.
• The iBooks Store is available in many countries. The selection of available books varies by country.
• Downloading content from iBooks or iCloud requires an Apple ID and Internet access.
• Adding books and PDFs from outside the iBooks Store to iBooks requires they be DRM-free.
• Some PDF documents may not be compatible with iBooks.
What's New in Version 3.5
- Category: Books
- Updated: 13 September 2016
- Version: 3.5
- Size: 0.7 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Developer: Apple Distribution International
- © 2016 Apple Inc. All rights reserved.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.