This is the Official Blasket Islands Mobile Tour & Info App.
The Blasket Islands off the coast of Kerry, Ireland are a fascinating, rugged location steeped in history and the associated Blasket Centre on the mainland in Dún Chaoin on the tip of the Dingle Peninsula is a fascinating heritage centre/museum honouring the unique community who lived on the remote Blasket Islands until their evacuation in 1953.
This app aims to bring the Islands to life. The Mobile tour, in English and Irish, will guide you 16 key island locations and features -
- Historical descriptions and images for each location
- Full GPS mapping to guide you around the island
- A photo Gallery to which you can add your own images
- Live WebCam from the Blaskets Centre
- Live weather details for the Blasket Islands
- Emergency contact and location messaging
- Island and Blasket Centre Events listing
Enjoy the new look and feel of the Blasket Islands App.
Ratings and Reviews
Very easy to use. Very informative. I do a project annually on the Blaskets with my TY class, I can see them downloading and using this. Love the submit your own photo bit. Looking forward to seeing this App evolve. Would like to see a iPad version too though. That lets it down, as using the x2 for the larger screen sees a significant deterioration in the quality of photos.
The best tourism app I've eve used! The webcam feature is brilliant and handy! A must download!
Very good app. Like the real life camera, emergency locater and app runs well
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.