Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
With a streamlined design and intuitive Multi-Touch gestures, iMovie lets you enjoy your videos and tell stories like never before. Browse your video library, share favourite moments, create beautiful movies, and watch them on all your devices in iMovie Theater. And with the iMovie extension, it’s fast and fun to make every video more memorable — directly in the Photos app.
Browse and share your videos
• Enjoy all your videos in the full-screen Video browser
• Quickly share a clip or a portion of a clip
• Mark favourite moments to easily find them later
Make Hollywood-style trailers
• Choose from 14 trailer templates with stunning graphics and original scores by some of the world’s top film composers
• Customise movie studio logos, cast names and credits
• Select the best videos and photos for your trailer with the help of animated drop zones
• Record video for your trailer directly in iMovie
Create beautiful movies
• Use 3D Touch on iPhone 6s to quickly start a new project from the Home screen or Peek at a movie from the Projects browser
• Choose from 8 unique themes with matching titles, transitions and music
• Give your movie the perfect look with 10 Apple-designed video filters
• Enhance your movie with slow-motion, fast-forward, picture-in-picture and split-screen effects*
• Create a soundtrack using built-in music and sound effects, songs from your music library and your own narration
• Connect a keyboard and use simple shortcuts to edit movies quickly
• Use the iMovie extension to enhance video clips in the Photos app
• Easily transfer projects between your iPhone, iPad and iPod touch using AirDrop or iCloud Drive
• Send any project to your computer via AirDrop or iCloud Drive to finish editing with iMovie for Mac
• Share your finished movies and trailers to iMovie Theater and watch them on all your devices with iCloud, including Apple TV**
Share with friends and family
• Send videos with Mail and Messages
• Save to your photo library or share to YouTube in 4K or 1080p60***
• Share directly to Facebook and Vimeo
• Save videos and iMovie project files to iCloud Drive
• Share videos and iMovie project files with AirDrop****
• Use AirPlay to wirelessly stream video to your HDTV with Apple TV*****
*2x speed-up is available on iPhone 5s, iPad Air, iPad mini with Retina display, and later devices.
**To view iMovie Theater on Apple TV (4th generation), you must download the iMovie Theater app from the App Store.
***4K support is available on iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPad Air 2 and iPad Pro.
****AirDrop requires an iCloud account and is available on iPhone 5, iPad (4th generation), iPad Air, iPad mini, iPod touch (5th generation) and later devices.
*****AirPlay requires Apple TV (2nd generation) or later.
What's New in Version 2.2.3
• Start projects quickly by selecting multiple photos and videos
• Share to Facebook and Vimeo using the standard iOS share interface
• Support for Shared iPad in iOS 9.3 or later
• Stability and performance improvements
Disappointed... Many glitches
I spent hours editing this 5 minute movie and I made most of it based around a song and to the beat, then I try to edit the volume and everything starts misplacing and just going around everywhere and just ruining everything so then I restart my iMovie in an attempt to fix it and it does so I go ahead and try to change volume again and same thing happens! I try restarting again and it just stays. My transitions are broken just black screens and nothing. Videos turn black half way in and just untrimmed things all over the place. I cannot believe this happened, hours of work... and second of all there is barely anything to work with if I want to put text on my video, I can only do capital letters for most and only 1 lower case option... This used to be a good app back before they tried to modernise it and make it look nice now it's just full of dumb bugs and glitches... Thank you iMovie, hours of hard work and I probably will never re attempt editing this movie.
such an amazing app but it takes forever to download ! i cant keep it on my phone/ipad all the time as i have storage problems. But everytime i go to download it, it takes 10-15 minutes ! wish that could improve but amazing for editing and really easy to use !
Full of bugs after all this years
What a joke of an app as Apple does fix basic bugs that have been there for years!!! When you select a theme it doesn't show the selected theme layout on the movie (only plays the soundtrack)! And if you split the movie in several parts and then add text on one part, the splited parts after that one will be all messy, duplicated, out of order, whatever... Just not using this app again!
- Category: Photo & Video
- Updated: 28 July 2016
- Version: 2.2.3
- Size: 697 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Catalan, Chinese (Hong Kong), Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Developer: Apple Distribution International
- © 2013-2016 Apple Inc. All rights reserved.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.