iPhiGéNie, maps of France
By Max Barel
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
iPhiGéNie is the tool of choice for outdoor maps in FRANCE, BELGIUM, Spain, Italy, Germany and Norway. Apple Watch compatible.
There are GPS applications with French topographic maps inside, iPhiGéNie brings you ALL maps from National Geographic Institute, with a GPS inside.
Maps display on the Apple Watch.
Coordinates: géographic, UTM, MGRS, Lambert (I-II-IIe-III-IV,93), DFCI. Nautic units.
FRANCE: road maps are free, topographical maps are available on subscription (7 days free use trial).
IN APP PURCHASES
* MODULE Vmax. Optional, permanent purchase. Adds extended features. See below.
* SUBSCRIPTION to Géoportail. Gives access to French topographics maps, photos, cadastral and more. Yearly or monthly. Recurring by default. See conditions below.
IMPORTANT: Every MAP displayed once IS KEPT ON THE DEVICE and is available even with no network (off-line mode).
* OPTION Provisional cache. This anual option allows to automatically load every layer and scale you select in areas that you can define as you like. Loads maps with no need to display manually.
* OPTION French coastal maps (marine and terrestrial combo). Lasts one year.
* OPTION French aviation OACI map. Lasts one year.
All above options are available for ANNUAl subscription only..
* SUBSCRIPTION to Cartoweb. Gives access to topographic maps of BELGIUM. Not related to Géoportail subscription and options. Yearly. Recurring by default. See conditions below.
ESRI topographic wold coverage included in Geoportail subscription.
SPAIN, CATALONIA, NORWAY,ITALY, GERMANY: FREE topographical maps from national mapping authotity
FREE WORLD-WIDE coverage though OpenStreetMap/OpenCycleMap.
On all these maps, iPhiGéNie displays your exact location. Any map seen is automaticaly kept in the device for off-line availability.
* With optional Vmax module:
- Waypoints/POI management, with photos: Add, file, annotate, export-import in GPX file format.
- Tracks and route: Recording, manual creation and editing, following, export-import in GPX file format.
- Automatic downloading of maps along a predefined track.
- iCloud sharing for tracks and waypoints.
- Search address or any toponym present on a French map. Automatic creation of relevant waypoint.
- "GPS beacon" feature: People you authorize can follow your position on topographic maps. No tracking is done unless you activate it.
- Follow your friends beacon: Automatic update of followed positions. Very handful to find each other in the middle of nowhere or see how far are your fellows.
- One time purchase. Vmax module is a definitive purchase. You may use it with no Geoportal valid subscription, dispaying tracks and waypoints on available free maps.
- GPS "beacon": Warning, you should never engage security on the availability of this feature.
- On iPod, no GPS position.
- GPS and battery lasting: the GPS is shut down when the application is sent to background, if there is no activated function requiring it (track recording, "GPS beacon"). Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery lasting.
- English speaking users are welcome to ask any question in the English section of the forum on the support web site.
- Recurring subscriptions to map services
- Yearly and monthly (F) subscription.
- Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase
- Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period
- Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period.
- Subscriptions may be managed and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user’s Account Settings after purchase.
- No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during active subscription period
- Any unused portion of the free trial period, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to Geoportail map service.
What's New in Version 6.1
• BELGIUM: Allows to subscribe to Cartoweb topographic maps, a service by the National Geographic Institute of Belgium.
• Adds a zone in Corsica to display mountain slope > 30°.
Fix a bug preventing a correct purchase consolidation in some cases.
Fix a bug in GPX export generating an invalid file.
• The French National Geographic Institure (IGN) recently opened a new web portal to publish tracks and POI from selecteds, validated sources: Epsace Loisirs. This iPhiGéNie version is able to automatically download and display on your device, any objects you selected for such in you portal account. As soon as you enter the ID (IDIGN) associated with your account.
• POI linked to track. You can associate POI to a track. The details screnn of the track allow to display and list linked POIs.
• A new sort mode by proximity for track and POI lists. A selector is added to lists to select between 3 sort modes: alphabetic, date, proximity. Same for search result lists.
• Mountain slopes > 30°. For mountain off track riders. iPhiGéNie is now able to calculate an overlay from the 25m digital terrain model tiles issued by IGN (in the Geoportail subscription). Calculated tiles are available off line.
• Watch OS 2 evolution. Maps display quicker and more reliably on the Watch. Glance is temporary unavailable until an issue is sorted by Apple.
• Several bug fixes. Track points not saved, display frozen on frenetic zooming, application hanged by empty zone bulk download.
This update requires iOS 6.1. iPads of first generation and iPod 3 are out of the game, still able to get previous 5.7.2 update.
- Category: Navigation
- Updated: 18 January 2016
- Version: 6.1
- Size: 27.4 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, French
- Developer: Max Barel
- © Max Barel
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- iPhiGéNie Vmax€5.99
- Aviation OACI maps option€19.99
- Optional provisional cache€10.99