TaxCalc.ie is a simple to use 2018/2019 Budget calculator. It will estimate your take-home pay based on your salary/wages, pension contributions and personal circumstances. TaxCalc gives you a quick and easy breakdown of how Budget 2018/2019 will affect your pocket.
TaxCalc allows you to calculate your Weekly, Fortnightly, Monthly or Annual take home pay.
With TaxCalc you will be able to see a breakdown of all your deductions from your gross pay, and estimate how much a pay increase or deduction is going to impact on your pocket.
Please note all figures should be considered estimates and you should speak to the payroll person in your organisation or your tax advisor if you require a more detailed analysis.
New in 2.7.3:
Updated pension calculations for public servants to remove the pension related deduction and include the additional superannuation contribution (currently presumes a pre-2013 joiner).
Pervious updates from 2.7.2:
Fully updated for Budget 2019:
* 2 per cent rate of USC now kicks in at €19,874, an increase of €500
* 4.75 rate of the Universal Social Charge down 0.25% to 4.5%
* Home carer tax credit increased by €300
* Threshold for 40% rate of income tax increased by €750
* Earned income tax credit for the self employed up by €200 to €1,350
* Fixed issue where local currency symbol used instead of €
* Fixed layout issue on older versions of iOS
* Fully applied credits for married couples with joint assessments
Ratings and Reviews
Simple interface - easy to use. Could be enhanced by providing the ability to edit personal tax credits. The template assumes the generic tax credit amounts. Also, the amount of pension contribution is in rounded percentages and doesn't allow half %. Small criticisms but otherwise an ok ap. Not sure it warrants €1.59 as it's merely a simple calculator.
Great little app works out take home from gross so easy. I used it for looking at jobs and salary reviews etc. just put in gross and see what take home pay will be.
A lovely little app that does everything I wanted. Looks nice too.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.