Official app of Irish Sailing - The SafeTrx App allows you to register your vessel and plan your journey on your Smartphone.
Registering vessel and journey information couldn’t be any easier. Follow an easy to understand registration process to register your contact and vessel details within the application. Choose from the menu options to plan and file your trip (Sail Plan mode) or just activate the tracking function of the app (Track only mode).
To file a Sail Plan, choose your vessel, add the ETA (Estimated Time of Arrival), enter the number of persons on board and the activity type. Using the built-in maps, select a starting point, an optional waypoint and the end destination. Once this is completed simply press the ‘set sail’ button when you are ready to start your journey.
Pressing ‘set sail’ will register the journey details with the Irish Sailing computer server and will activate position reporting in the App. At regular intervals the App will send a position report to the server and your emergency contacts will be automatically alerted 30 minutes after the journey exceeds the ETA. At any stage during the journey you can end your trip, revise the ETA, number of people on board or the destination.
Use the SafeTrx app to:
- Quickly start recording using the ‘Track only’ mode to begin tracking at a touch of a button. Change the recording interval to save on battery consumption when your tracking is in progress.
- Find nearby port information, VHF channels and lifeboat station information using the “Explorer” tool.
- Receive maritime safety messages and marine notices through the SafeTrx app and SMS messages.
- Check maritime safety information such as distress call procedures and international maritime signals when both online and offline.
- Activate an Emergency call from within the SafeTrx app. (iPhone only)
- Store up to 20 trips in your Trip History and replay tracks within the app in video playback mode.
- Access official Met Éireann weather data when planning your trip or when your trip is in progress.
- Improve maritime trip planning with your own personalised checklist to be included as part of your Sail Plan.
- Manage your profile, vessel, checklist and emergency contact information within the SafeTrx app.
- View your journey history, share your trip statistics and manage other important information through the SafeTrx boater site - https://safetrx.sailing.ie
Continued use of GPS running in the background can considerably decrease battery life.
This application’s functionality and the information it contains are published on the understanding that end users are to apply their own knowledge and skills in the use of said application. Maritime safety is an extremely serious matter. In an emergency this application’s function and information are not meant to be relied on exclusively. In addition, other reliable information and help from third parties should be looked for and made use of. This application can provide valuable coordinates of the user’s position, as determined by the mobile device used and the GPS system. Mobile devices and their supporting telecommunication networks are, however, not reliable and there is a real chance of loss of connection between the mobile device and the mobile network and / or the GPS system. Nor is there any guarantee that the connection between your mobile device and mobile networks will be uninterrupted. The user hereby agrees to and accepts all risks involved in the use of this application.
‘Divers Down’ Flag - Use the new ‘Divers Down’ feature to notify other SafeTrx users within a 1-kilometre radius that there are divers active in the area. Create a Sail Plan and set your activity to 'Diving'. Tap the 'Divers Down' button on the 'Trip in Progress' screen when divers have entered the water and the 'Divers Up' button when they are safely back on board.
Incident Photo - Send the Irish Coast Guard a photo of an incident or sighting, along with the location of the photo and your own location. Press the 'Call for Help' button and then the camera button to send a photo.
Adjusted the contrast on navigation buttons for improved visibility in bright sunlight.
Ratings and Reviews
Highly recommended for any mariner!! Must have app to have if going out on the water...
Very good app
When ur lost in sea this app is the best for getting help to u
Brilliant Idea !!!!
Hopefully it'll save lives.
- IRISH SAILING ASSOCIATION
- 33.4 MB
- Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad 2 Wi-Fi + 3G, iPad Wi‑Fi + Cellular (3rd generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (4th generation), iPad mini Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular, 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, 9.7-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (5th generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular (2nd generation), 10.5-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular, and iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (6th generation).
- English, Dutch, Finnish, German, Greek, Norwegian Bokmål, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © Copyright 2015 Irish Sailing Association (ISA)
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.