Ireland's National Journey Planner from the National Transport Authority is the only journey planner that provides timetable and map information from all licensed public transport providers across all of Ireland. It provides plans for trains, buses, trams, ferry, and taxi services and combines them into easy to read journey plans. The app provides door-to-door route plans and has information about scheduled departures and trips near your current location and from any specified point. Your plans also can be for now or any time in the future.
- Interactive and fully integrated Trip Planner
- All Ireland coverage including rural locations as well as cities such as Dublin, Belfast, Cork, Galway, Limerick, and Waterford
- All licensed public transport operators included
- All modes of public transport including trains, buses, and trams from transport providers such as Dublin Bus, Luas, Bus Éireann, DART, Commuter Rail, AirCoach, GoBe, Matthews Coaches etc
- Displays stops near you
- Dynamic zoom and scroll mapping
- GPS using “my location”
- Updating maps “on the go”
- Saves favourite locations and recent journeys
- Email and In calendar functions
The app is being continually developed, service data is being updated and improved. We welcome your feedback about this app, to send us an email please click the “info” button on your phone when you are using the app.
Release includes new privacy statement.
Release makes a small change to address and PT stop sorting
Ratings and Reviews
Bad, don’t bother downloading
I’ll try to give some useful feedback as the app is pretty bad and needs work. Worst thing is that times just display expected time which changes frequently, meaning missed trains and pain. Too much information and rarely used functions hide what you need. Outdated interface. Please just keep it simple and get the basics right. Maybe just take a look and copy the basics of an app like CityMapper. I’d like this app to be good but it’s not. Deleted twice.
Useless and Broken
This app doesn’t work outside of cities. Constantly telling me that there is no information for the route I was planning, despite there being both regular bus and train routes from the town I was in. Very disappointed and let down by this, as a regular user of Ireland’s public transport network.
Bears little relationship to reality
I have tried to use this a number of times over the past 4 weeks and the actual Dart times bear no relationship to your display. This evening you show a 17:40 from Sydney Parade to town it is now 17:48 and the next Dart is due in 10 mins
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.