Turn your iPhone or iPad into a Kindle with the free Kindle app, and carry all your eBooks with you, wherever you go.
eBooks (including those with narration) that you have purchased on Amazon will automatically appear in your app. Kindle Unlimited and Amazon Prime members can select and download eBooks directly in the app.
What you’ll get:
• Sample any eBook for free
• Magazines, newspapers, graphic novels and textbooks with high-res colour images
• A customisable reading experience with your choice of font style, size and more
• Comfortable reading day and night with adjustable screen brightness and page colour
• Discover and download Kindle Unlimited eBooks and magazines
• Unique features like X-Ray, Whispersync, Page Flip, Print Replica, flashcards and more
• Instant translations and definitions, without leaving the page
• Ability to make and share in-page highlights
• Bold font and text size options
• Access to local library eBooks
Several experience improvements and bug fixes.
Ratings and Reviews
Love this app, but...
I use this app every day on my iPhone or iPad & absolutely love it.
My only suggestion would be that there was some way of identifying which books I have read from those I have yet to read. Maybe some sort of marker identifying them as read or unread?! I tend to keep 90% of my purchased books on the cloud to save space on my phones storage. But there is no way of identifying the ones I’ve already read and then stored from the new purchases I have yet to read. I waste hours every week having to download titles to my device & then deleting them again trying to figure out which are which.
Other than that I find it really easy to use and a pleasure to read on!
I love Kindle
Ever since the ereaders were available l was a fan. Firstly with the Sony and then progressed to Kindle. I have lost count as to how many Kindles l have had over the years. I am delighted that l can now get the Kindle App onto my IPad Pro and thus have a larger screen to read my books. My only regret is that the Kindle reader does not have a larger screen. I have to admit that l prefer the previous format to the current one as l don’t find it so user friendly but, hey, it is a minor detail. My last Kindle reader purchase was the Paperwhite which is ideal for outside etc but just wish the screen was larger and quicker.
The love of my life!
I couldn't live without my kindle and my kindle app. I've always read at least one book a day and was weighed down by books wherever I went. I never left home without a book. Now I can carry a whole library with me. I can pull out my phone or my kindle and read anywhere and that includes at bus stops or queues of any kind. Travelling, I plug in my headphones, close my eyes and listen to an audio book. It keeps travel sickness at bay and I don't miss a second of my book wherever I am.
- AMZN Mobile LLC
- 163.9 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2009-2018 Amazon.com, Inc. or its Affiliates.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.