By Exact Editions Ltd
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
At a time of rising religious extremism and irrational nonsense New Humanist magazine provides the antidote: witty, incisive and original comment and argument from a sceptical perspective. Relaunched as a quarterly journal of ideas, science and culture in 2013, New Humanist is elegant, independent-minded and provocative. Drawing on a freethinking tradition stretching back more than 120 years but dedicated to the best contemporary writing, New Humanist is a lively and compelling guide to contemporary thought and culture, and an essential voice of reason. Contributors include Suzanne Moore, Philip Pullman, Will Self, Natalie Haynes, Jonathan Rée, Claire Tomalin, Stewart Lee, Stephen Fry, Ricky Gervais, Stephanie Merritt, Martin Rowson, Brenda Maddox, Robin Ince, AL Kennedy, Stuart Hall, Francis Wheen, Laurie Taylor and Christopher Hitchens.
New Humanist is published by the Rationalist Association, a 125-year-old charity devoted to reason, science and secularism.
To visit our website go here: http://rationalist.org.uk/
The iPad/iPhone edition brings you selected pages from the latest issue as soon as it is published. You can subscribe within the application for full access, which brings you every page of the issue and a searchable archive back to March 2006. Issues are not sold individually - for the duration of your subscription you have access to every issue in this archive.
During your subscription you can sync back issues to your device. These will remain in place if your subscription expires, unless your device removes them (for example when running low on disk space). Re-downloading issues requires a current subscription.
• Swipe or tap the page edges to flip to next/previous page.
• Use the animated thumbnail view to flick through the pages.
• Pinch or double-tap pages to zoom.
• Switch between single or double-page view.
• Search the current issue or the archive.
• Tap any page links to web sites, email addresses, phone numbers or maps.
• Tap contents-page links to jump to a particular article.
• Sync back issues to your device for offline reading (requires wi-fi).
• Network connection required otherwise.
We recommend first running the app within a wi-fi area so it can sync the latest issue to your device - after that you can use it anywhere. Subscribers will receive new issues automatically via Newsstand.
Subscriptions are available within the app at the following prices:
£9.99 per year
In addition, please note the following standard features of auto-renewable iTunes subscriptions:
• Your payment will be charged to your iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase.
• Subscriptions will renew automatically unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24 hours before the end of the current period.
• Your account will be charged for renewal within 24 hours prior to the end of the current period.
• You can manage your subscriptions and turn off auto-renewal by going to your Account Settings in iTunes after purchase.
• No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during active subscription period.
and our terms of service here:
What's New in Version 10.0.2
• Bug fixes and performance improvements
- Category: Lifestyle
- Updated: 30 November 2016
- Version: 10.0.2
- Size: 4.0 MB
- Languages: English, French, Spanish
- Developer: Exact Editions Ltd
- Copyright © 2016 Exact Editions Ltd.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- New Humanist€12.99
- New Humanist€3.99