Pocket Ear Trainer
By Polemics Applications LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Pocket Ear Trainer contains randomized ear trainers for chords, intervals, and scales. Tap play and it will play a random interval, scale, or chord for you and you select what type it is. It also includes a reference and practice section so that you can read information about the sounds being played and selectively hear certain intervals, chords, and scales. Pocket Ear Trainer was created by a music educator with college music students, band directors, and musicians of all types in mind. Learning to recognize intervals by ear is a huge part of playing music by ear and as any musician or music teacher knows, an important part of overall musicianship.
- Interval Trainer / Quiz includes: ascending and descending minor 2nd, major 2nd, minor 3rd, major 3rd, perfect 4th, tritone, perfect 5th, minor 6th, major 6th, minor 7th, major 7th, and octave.
- Chord Trainer / Quiz includes: major, minor, diminished, augmented chord types.
- Scale Trainer / Quiz includes: major, natural minor, melodic minor, harmonic minor, dorian, and mixolydian scales.
- Reference section with information about chords, intervals, and scales
- Practice section where you select which scale, interval, or chord to hear rather than the trainer selecting one for you at random.
What's New in Version 1.2
- Category: Education
- Updated: 24 October 2012
- Version: 1.2
- Size: 6.0 MB
- Language: English
- Developer: Polemics Applications LLC
- © 2012 Polemics Applications
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.