Pocket Guide UK Sea Fishing Bait
By Senet Mobile UK
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Pocket Guide UK Sea Fishing Bait is a great introduction and reference guide for discovering a wide range of baits available to the UK small boat, kayak or recreational shore angler.
This guide contains over 250 entries ideal for helping the novice shore angler and perhaps the more experienced angler with information covering a wide variety of fresh and artificial baits from lures to cuttlefish and squid, various types of crab, fish and shellfish as well as the commonly found intertidal worms such as lugworms along with topics covering bait usage, key points for identification, bait collecting, bait presentation, preserving your bait and general hints on techniques and items such as double patting, hook snoods and T-bars etc.
Please note: Slipper limpets may no longer be permitted for use as a live or fresh bait.
Main Scroll View can be optionally re-categorised by
• Family taxonomy
• Genus taxonomy
• Conservation status
• Includes a variety of useful information
Search features to help identify your collection
• Text search
- nb. Wildcards are supported, can search your own custom notes.
• Picture gallery
- nb. Select image to open detail page.
Sea Fishing Bait entries include
• Pinch to Zoom high quality image for each species
- nb. Select the image to use the zoom feature
• Detailed Description
• Specialised Information
• Other info as necessary such as image attribution, link to image source.
• UK day and night weather prediction view for around the next 5 days.
- nb. use the map to set the location pin.
• Moon phases for the next 70 days.
- nb. Northern and Southern Hemispheres
• Sunrise/Sunset, Moon Rise/Set and Twilight Start/Set.
• Historical catch sizes where applicable
• Minimum landing sizes where applicable
• Useful Website and References list
• Bookmark any entry to the Bookmark View
• Add Custom Notes to ANY entry
• Use the Counter feature to count sightings
Social features allow posting TEXT and PICTURES to your wall or feeds.
Other utilities are provided to help
• A Range and Height Finder.
Installing the data
• CHECK DATABASE function to install or update data as necessary.
We are constantly updating our guides and are keen to hear feedback or suggestions from our Customers for further entries or improvements that we might be able to include in later versions.
Please contact us to discuss the app or raise support questions using any of the following.
• Webpage Contact Us Support Form
• In App Contact Us Support Email
• Support Email Address
• Support and News forums for each app
• This App DOES NOT require an internet connection for most features.
• All images are saved to the applications library/plists folders for reuse as required by associated license agreement where stated, where no license is stated image reuse is not permitted please contact the developers to discuss.
• We cannot answer questions on the appstore, please contact us directly with any support questions or issues.
• Defra Commercial Minimum Landing Sizes (MLS) are quoted in the guide where applicable.
• Local river authority byelaws may apply for certain fish and these should be sought where ever necessary.
• IFCAs have replaced SFCs setting local bylaws and legal minimum retention sizes which should be sought from the listed regional IFCAs, see region map for your local IFCA.
• We are constantly updating these guides with new pictures and information as we obtain them.
What's New in Version 2.4.1
• Universal App now supports iPhone and iPad
• New pictures and entry updates etc
• Now post Pictures as well as Text to Facebook and Twitter
• Many Corrections and Updates
• New Design and layouts
• Various Bug fixes
• Requires IOS 7.1 and above
- Category: Reference
- Updated: 22 October 2014
- Version: 2.4.1
- Size: 67.3 MB
- Language: English
- Developer: R Harley
- © Senet Mobile UK (C) 2012
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimised for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.