Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
PortraiMatic helps you produce sheets of Passport Photos.
• Open a picture file, or take a snapshot with the webcam.
• Easily reframe the portrait, according to the national standard of your country.
• Save a sheet as a JPEG file, to print by a photo lab.
• Or print the sheet on your own printer.
Should you have any question or remark, drop us a line (in English or French).
F E A T U R E S
== Reframing ==
• 18 national formats are built-in.
Europe: Austria, Belgium, Danemark, Finland, France, Germany, Ireland, Italy, Netherlands, Norway, United Kingdom, Spain, Switzerland
America: Canada, USA
Asia: China, Japan
Oceania: Australia, New Zealand
• Custom Formats: define your own portrait formats.
== Quality ==
• Resolution Control: The software warns when the resolution of the input photo is not high enough.
• Colour Adjustments: Adjust Exposure, Contrast and Brightness. Make shadows lighter. Turn to Black & White.
• JPEG sheets are produced with a resolution of 300 dpi.
• Colour Profiles are managed, including for JPEG sheets.
What's New in Version 2.0.5
Fixes a bug which would prevent the application from launching on Mac OS 10.6.
Works well but is too expensive
This is neat and easy to use, and I recommend it. I took selfies with my iPhone, converted them to black and white in iPhoto on the MacBook, and then formatted them for Ireland using PortraiMatic. The app puts six passport-size photos on one 10x15 print which you can then print for 50c on a machine at a pharmacy or photo place. You can do simple zooming of your photo to ensure that your head is the correct size in the photo, as per the regulations. Eventually, with doing passport photos for my kids, this app will pay for itself. But I still think it’s too expensive… so I’ve docked one star.