The app provides live Luas, bus, train and DART times, helping you plan your journey efficiently.
• Real-time departure information and travel updates from Dublin Bus, Bus Éireann, DART, Iarnród Éireann and Luas services
• Favourites can be set up so you can quickly access real-time bus / Luas / train information relevant to your own journey
• Up-to-date information on all your bus / Luas / train arrivals
• Stops and routes can be viewed and navigated through
• Reminders can be created to notify you when a bus is approaching your stop
Please note: The Real Time Ireland app is currently being expanded and improved in order to ensure real-time data can be accessed at more transport stops. We always welcome your feedback so don't hesitate to let us know your thoughts - you can submit via the 'feedback' button on the app.
Fix for app crashing issue - we truly apologise about this.
Ratings and Reviews
This app has left me standing in the rain for a bus that never comes more times than I can count. The information it provides is often completely incorrect, with times to arrival counting down according to the timetable regardless of whether or not the bus is actually due or not, resulting in buses disappearing from the list without arriving or arriving far later than the app would have you believe.
Nothing about it is real time and only every now and then does it give the correct information. There are far better and more well-designed apps available to give me the timetabled arrivals, the whole point of this app is supposed to be that it doesn't leave you standing waiting for a bus if it's going to be late/has already passed, something at which this app has failed miserably on too many occasions. Use Moovit instead.
Simple easy changes would greatly improve app
1)Turn on location settings prompt is displayed every time I look at a stop. I know the stop. My location doesn't matter. No need for prompt.
2) Order of stops is back to front on most routes.
The hard work is done. These small bug fixes would help make the app professional.
The fact that I now need a second app to check real time info on buses I used to be able to check on one is ridiculous. It's genuinely impressive that they've made getting buses around Dublin more frustrating than it already was. The TFI route realtime isn't even available on the website so they force you to download this mess.
Would give less than one star if possible.
- National Transport Authority
- 29.4 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © National Transport Authority
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.