Real Time Information
By National Transport Authority
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
The Transport for Ireland Real Time Information App, is the only app that provides real time departure information for Dublin Bus, Bus Éireann, DART, Iarnród Éireann & Luas services.
The app is provided by the National Transport Authority in partnership with Dublin City Council.
• Access Real Time Passenger information from Dublin Bus, Bus Éireann, DART, Iarnród Éireann & Luas services.
• See up to date information of when your bus/Luas/train will be at a Stop or Station
• View stops and routes on a map and navigate through the map for additional stops and information.
• Setup favourites so that you can quickly access Real Time passenger information for your regular stops.
• Create Reminders to can notify you when a bus is approaching your stop, or when you are near a certain bus stop.
• Access Travel Updates for Dublin Bus, Bus Éireann, Luas and Iarnród Éireann services, so you can stay up to date.
• The National Real Time service is currently being improved and expanded in order to ensure more and more stops have real time data. We welcome your feedback about this app, via the “feedback” button on the app.
• Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
What's New in Version 3.1.5
minor bug fixes
This app has left me standing in the rain for a bus that never comes more times than I can count. The information it provides is often completely incorrect, with times to arrival counting down according to the timetable regardless of whether or not the bus is actually due or not, resulting in buses disappearing from the list without arriving or arriving far later than the app would have you believe.
Nothing about it is real time and only every now and then does it give the correct information. There are far better and more well-designed apps available to give me the timetabled arrivals, the whole point of this app is supposed to be that it doesn't leave you standing waiting for a bus if it's going to be late/has already passed, something at which this app has failed miserably on too many occasions. Use Moovit instead.
Simple easy changes would greatly improve app
1)Turn on location settings prompt is displayed every time I look at a stop. I know the stop. My location doesn't matter. No need for prompt.
2) Order of stops is back to front on most routes.
The hard work is done. These small bug fixes would help make the app professional.
Dreadful! Opposite of excellence!!
I just don't learn from my previous bad experiences!
Then I give you the benefit of the doubt only to be disappointed again.
This is a dreadful app for our "National Transport". You can do better. We deserve the best - not an inaccurate, frustrating, display of useless and unreliable information.
Where are these "Phantom" buses?
The information is not "Real" but unreal.
Do you care? Try using it yourself and fix the bugs.
Is this the best you can do in a country with all the high tech available.
I'm ashamed that this app is a poor reflection of the bright young developers available.
Please take some pride in your work.
- Category: Travel
- Updated: 14 November 2016
- Version: 3.1.5
- Size: 13.1 MB
- Language: English
- Developer: National Transport Authority
- © National Transport Authority
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.