Real Time Information
By National Transport Authority
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The Transport for Ireland Real Time Information App, is the only app that provides real time departure information for Dublin Bus, Bus Éireann, DART, Iarnród Éireann & Luas services.
The app is provided by the National Transport Authority in partnership with Dublin City Council.
• Access Real Time Passenger information from Dublin Bus, Bus Éireann, DART, Iarnród Éireann & Luas services.
• See up to date information of when your bus/Luas/train will be at a Stop or Station
• View stops and routes on a map and navigate through the map for additional stops and information.
• Setup favourites so that you can quickly access Real Time passenger information for your regular stops.
• Create Reminders to can notify you when a bus is approaching your stop, or when you are near a certain bus stop.
• Access Travel Updates for Dublin Bus, Bus Éireann, Luas and Iarnród Éireann services, so you can stay up to date.
• The National Real Time service is currently being improved and expanded in order to ensure more and more stops have real time data. We welcome your feedback about this app, via the “feedback” button on the app.
• Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
What's New in Version 3.1.3
* Transport for Ireland Rebranding
* Minor bug fixes
Takes A Vacation On Bank Holidays
I live in a busy suburb of Limerick city where there are six buses an hour at peak times & about half that at off peak hours. I travel into the city at least three times a week & I find the Real Time app to be useful & quite accurate. However, the app showed normal midweek times on Easter Monday this year, even though Sunday hours operated. Today, services on one main route have been suspended for the first 3 hours due to the Great Limerick Run, but the app does not reflect this change. If not for this major glitch, I would award this app 4 or 5 stars.
In fact, the timings on the app at weekends, in Limerick city anyway, are completely inaccurate. They seem to offer an estimate of the times the buses should pass by & not the times they actually do. As traffic is not as heavy at weekends, many buses pass by much earlier than the times given on the app.
Nifty official app
This app is great for finding next bus and train times at nearby bus stops. This version introduces a clean new look and fixes an annoying bug in the refresh button, thanks. The alert feature is really clever. If you travel at regular times, it's worth trying out.
Train Stations don't work, neither does feedback.
It's bad enough for train stations to be broken and give no information whatsoever which is one of the core aspects of this app, but for feedback to be broken too when I try report this bug is just beyond funny. 1 Star for both of these reasons.
- Category: Travel
- Updated: 08 March 2016
- Version: 3.1.3
- Size: 11.0 MB
- Language: English
- Developer: National Transport Authority
- © National Transport Authority
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.