Showbie – Paperless Classroom
By Showbie Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Used by over 2 million teachers and students worldwide, Showbie is the fastest, easiest, and most effective app for assignments and feedback in your iPad classroom.
Find out how easy it is to assign, collect and review student work from thousands of compatible iPad apps, or have your students complete assignments with Showbie’s built in tools. Provide rich feedback using digital ink, text and voice annotations right on images and PDFs, and then add your students’ best work to personalized digital portfolios that can be securely shared with parents.
WHAT EDUCATORS ARE SAYING
“Showbie is my number one can't live without app! It makes the iPad workflow process a breeze! I especially love how it works seamlessly with so many other apps.”
— Kristen Paino, Lead Technology Integrator at Avenues: The World School
“I don't need to convince my colleagues that they need to use this app — it sells itself. I like that it gives me the flexibility in how I choose to grade my student's work, especially with the voice notes feature. There is no single third party app that I would rather champion.”
— Suzanne Lustenhouwer, Teacher and iPad Coordinator, Apple Distinguished Educator
“I love that Showbie is so versatile that the youngest of students can use it independently, yet it is appropriate for older grades as well. The ease of use makes it a great workflow solution for classes with iPads.”
— Kristi Meeuwse, Kindergarten Teacher, Apple Distinguished Educator
KEY FEATURES FOR TEACHERS & STUDENTS
• Share work from thousands of compatible iPad apps in a few taps
• Use the pen tool and pin text notes directly on any PDF or image
• Quickly distribute instructions and materials to your whole class
• Chat privately with individual students to provide timely feedback
• Record voice notes for verbal feedback or language exercises
• Quickly review and assess batches of student work and provide rich, valuable feedback
• Add student work to individual digital portfolios, or enable students to curate their own portfolios
• Invite parents to view their student’s work and keep them informed of classroom activity
• Can be used with any classroom subject
• Available in 13 languages
ENHANCED SHOWBIE PRO FEATURES
• Record and track grades as numeric scores or letter grades, along with qualitative feedback
• Provide richer feedback with more pen colours and line thicknesses, by typing on the page, or by pinning voice notes directly to student work
• Record longer voice notes and videos and upload larger files
• Lock assignments to control student access to documents and feedback
• Give parents complete access to assignments in the classes you choose
What's New in Version 3.0.2
3.0.2 & 3.0.1
• Showbie's photo picker is now compatible with iCloud Photo Library.
• Fixed a bug that affected saving totals to the gradebook.
• Bug fixes!
Showbie Groups are here! Create a group and invite any combination of your fellow teachers, students, and parents to join. Use a group to share resources with your department staff, have a class discussion with your students, or coordinate with parents for extra-curricular activities. We can’t wait to see how you’ll put this feature to use!
• Showbie is ready for iOS 9 Split View multitasking! If you have an iPad Air 2, iPad Mini 4, or iPad Pro, you can now use Showbie and another app simultaneously alongside one another.
• Showbie is ready for iPad Pro! Assignments, documents, and annotations have been optimized to make best use of the iPad Pro’s big, beautiful screen.
• Showbie is optimized for Apple Pencil! With amazing resolution and perfect palm-rejection, Showbie + Apple Pencil make feedback annotations on student work feel totally natural and more accurate than ever before.
• We’ve adjusted the “Allow Parent Access” setting to be turned off by default when creating a new class as a Showbie Pro teacher.
• Parents can now join Showbie! As a teacher, you can easily invite parents to join their students by sharing a unique parent code. Showbie will even create a batch of printable handouts to send home with your students, making it easy to get parents on board. Once a parent signs up, they’ll get updates and will be able to view their student’s portfolio. If you’re a Showbie Pro teacher, you can also give parents complete access to assignments in any classes you choose.
• Student portfolios are now part of both Showbie Basic and Showbie Pro! You and your students can instantly tag any document, comment, or grade from any assignment to be included in a personal portfolio. It’s a great way to collect examples of your students’ best work, and show evidence of their progress over time. Next parent-teacher night will be a breeze.
• Improved file caching. Files you view in Showbie will now be cached on your device, as long as there's free space available. This means less time spent waiting for downloads to complete, making your assignment workflow even more efficient.
- Category: Education
- Updated: 29 July 2016
- Version: 3.0.2
- Size: 52.0 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Hebrew, Japanese, Norwegian Bokmål, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese
- Developer: Showbie Inc.
- © 2016 Showbie Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Showbie Pro Edition€12.99