By Alexander Zolotov
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
SunVox is the most powerful music creation tool for iOS. It is a small and fast cross-platform modular synthesizer with pattern based sequencer (tracker).
[ Jordan Rudess about this app ]
Sunvox is a serious music application. I am personally running it on my iphone. In the overcrowded world of music apps, Sunvox stands out as both unique and powerful. If you are a musician and own an iphone, you owe it to yourself to try this amazing application!
[ Key features ]
• Modular interface.
• Powerful microtonal (ultra-chromatic) sequencer.
• Highly optimized synth algorithms.
• Support of 16/24/32bit WAV, AIFF and XI samples.
• XM (FastTracker) and MOD (ProTracker, OctaMED) import.
• Multitrack WAV export;
• WiFi import/export;
• MIDI file import/export;
• MIDI IN/OUT;
• Mic/Line-in recording;
• Audiobus and IAA support;
• It is also available for other systems (see the site).
[ Brief instruction ]
The main menu - button with the SunVox icon in the upper left corner of the screen.
Use multitouch to scale/move content of timeline and pattern editor.
How to connect one module to another: first touch on source, second touch on destination.
REC button is only for notes and controller recording. If you want to record sound - use the Sampler module.
[ Built-in synthesizers & effects ]
• Analog Generator;
• DrumSynth with 120 unique synthetic drum sounds;
• FM synthesizer;
• MetaModule (use it to build your own synths/effects);
• Sampler (supported formats: WAV, XI, AIFF);
• SpectraVoice (FFT-based synthesizer for warm atmospheric sounds);
• Side Chain Compressor;
• 3Band equalizer;
• Filter (Low-pass, High-pass, Band-pass, Notch);
• Loop (for glitch effects);
• Vocal Filter (for human voice simulation);
• Vorbis Player;
• and more ...
[ Bug reports ]
Found a bug? Have some questions? Just write me directly: firstname.lastname@example.org
The answer comes immediately!
Official SunVox homepage + video tutorials:
Development status of the new version:
What's New in Version 1.9.2
* new module Pitch2Ctl: converts the incoming notes to the controller values (in some another connected module);
* new module Velocity2Ctl: converts the velocity parameter of the incoming notes to the controller values (in some another connected module);
* new project parameter - "Time grid" (number of lines per grid cell);
* Main SunVox Menu: new function "Merge project" (load project over the current);
* Timeline: target pointer (like in the Module View) has been added; use it to choose where to place the new pattern(s);
* Timeline: now the file is used for the pattern copy-buffer; so you can paste even after the SunVox restart;
* Analog Generator: new options "Retain phase" (don't reset the phase) and "Random phase";
* Analog Generator: new options "Filter frequency = note frequency" and "Velocity-dependent filter resonance"; see the analog_gen4 and analog_gen5 examples;
* Analog Generator: new waveform "Drawn with spline interpolation";
* MultiSynth: new button "Set" (set exact values of the curve);
* Vibrato: new controller "Exponential amplitude";
* Kicker: sine waveform has been added;
* LFO: random (noise) waveform has been added;
* Loop: new controller "Mode" (normal/ping-pong loop playback); see the loop2 example;
* MetaModule: optimized interface + default user controller names;
* Sampler: new option "Stop recording on project stop";
* MultiCtl: new controller "OUT offset";
* frequency/delay limits (only for ms and Hz units) has been increased in the following modules: Echo, Delay, Vibrato, LFO;
* improved MIDI Import and Export: channel/program/bank/controller support; new timing algorithm;
* new oscilloscope mode (module visualizer) - XY (X = left channel; Y = right channel);
* now all notes are visible on the musical keyboard: expand it up to see the full range;
* Modules (routing): new function "Find" (find a module by name);
* Pattern Editor: improved hints;
* Pattern Editor: click on some event (note or some other command) and the corresponding module will be highlighted;
* Pattern Properties: new buttons "Shrink /2" and "Expand *2" has been added;
* Preferences -> Main: new option "Make project backup before the first overwrite";
* Preferences -> Timeline: new option "Show line numbers from ...";
* Preferences -> Timeline: new option "Grid cell size";
* Preferences -> Interface: new option "Double click time" (in ms);
* Preferences -> Interface -> Scale: new parameter "Font scale";
* new keyboard shortcut: toggle mute (module);
* new keyboard shortcut: toggle solo (module);
* new keyboard shortcut: toggle bypass (module);
* new keyboard shortcut: unmute all modules;
* new keyboard shortcut: find a module;
* new instruments and effects;
* new simple project examples: analog_gen4, analog_gen5, dubstep, loop2, pitch2ctl ***;
* new song examples: Quantum Countdown, PalmSounds10, Kiberaver - Hard Motor;
* bugs fixed.
- Category: Music
- Updated: 04 November 2016
- Version: 1.9.2
- Size: 21.1 MB
- Language: English
- Developer: Alexander Zolotov
- © Alexander Zolotov
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.