By Xenon Labs, LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
A pioneer in touch-based music composition, Symphony Pro lets you compose complex orchestrations, lead sheets, chord charts, and guitar tabs on the iPad and instantly hear them played back. This is the easiest and most comprehensive way to compose sheet music on your iPad.
Record a part in real-time with the built-in keyboard, guitar, or bass guitar to quickly capture a musical idea and have it automatically transcribed into sheet music.
Import a MusicXML, MXL, MIDI, or Symphony file from your computer or from another app like Mail or Safari, create a new project based on a template, or create a brand new project, and you're ready to start editing.
To add a note, select a note length and tap anywhere on the score. Use the built-in keyboard, guitar, or bass guitar instruments, or a Core MIDI compatible keyboard to quickly enter notes and chords in normal editing mode or in real-time recording mode.
You can add a wide range of notational elements to your compositions including many different dynamics and articulations, time and key signature changes, clef changes, alternate endings, repeats, double accidentals, double and triple dotted notes, arpeggiated chords, glissandos, tuplets, tempo changes, coda markings, pedal markings, alternate noteheads, similes, and pickup measures. You can also create and edit chord symbols, lyrics, and annotations using the iPad’s standard keyboard.
When you're done composing, print out your score, or export it as a PDF, MusicXML, AAC, MIDI or Symphony file. Share your files via email or directly to a computer with iTunes File Sharing, or save images of your score directly to the Photos app and share them through Photo Stream.
• 114 built-in instruments
• Up to 15 instruments, 45 staffs, and 4 voices/layers per composition
• Create and edit guitar TABs and standard music notation.
• Add and edit notes by tapping on the score or by playing a built-in keyboard, guitar, bass guitar, or a connected Core MIDI instrument (requires Camera Connection Kit or Midi Mobilizer™ II)
• Record a part in real-time with a built-in instrument or a connected Core MIDI instrument
• Import MusicXML, MIDI, MXL, or Symphony files
• Export as a PDF, MusicXML, MIDI, AAC, or Symphony file
• Tons of articulations and dynamics
• Add grace notes and customizable noteheads
• Chord symbol, lyric, and annotation tools
• In select mode, tap on a measure with two fingers to add a time or key signature change, clef change, repeat, alternate ending, or double barline to it
• Print the entire score from your iPad with AirPrint
• Edit, view, and play your score in portrait or landscape mode
• Edit multiple notes and rests at once
• Multi-measure, multi-track copy/paste functionality
• Delete a note, measure, or an entire selection area at once
• Familiar gestures for editing and navigating
• Undo and redo support
• Fully customizable stem directions and note beaming
• Transposing instruments and concert pitch options
• Change the tempo or clef at any point in the score
• Stream audio or share your screen wirelessly with AirPlay to compatible speakers, stereo systems, AV receivers, Apple TV, or other devices
• Manage documents in a beautiful bookshelf display or in a list with a built-in index
• Create your own custom project template or use a built-in one
• Customizable track groupings for SATB and instrument families
• Play a built-in instrument without entering any notes
• Customizable chord symbol, lyric, and annotation sizes
• View and edit tracks one at a time, or all at once
• Loop playback between specific measures
• Metronome click during playback and recording, with a customizable volume level
• Built-in manual
• More information at symphonypro.net
• Discuss the app at forums.symphonypro.net
• Visit us on Facebook at facebook.com/symphonyapp
What's New in Version 188.8.131.52.1
This update brings a whole new look-and-feel for iOS 7, 31 new features, and 100s of bug fixes.
This update focuses on addressing many of prominent issues, as well as providing a unique balance of flexibility, consistency, and transparency in the user interface, without affecting functionality or workflow.
--- All New Features ---
• A globally redesigned look-and-feel for iOS 7.
• Dozens of improvements to interface transparency.
• A revitalized mixer panel interface.
• The Master Track Menu, allowing you to edit reverb, swing, and other playback parameters to create a finely tuned performance.
• 6 New instruments: Bass clarinet, Xylophone, Marimba, Accordion, an additional Pick Bass sample, and an ocarina.
• Track-wise pan customization. Use the mixer to modify each track's stereo balance.
• Track-wise envelope customization. Use the mixer to modify the track's gain envelope in real time.
• Drag and transpose multiple notes at once.
• Select and edit the properties of multiple notes simultaneously using the Fine Edit tool. Tap on an existing note or select a group of notes, and tap "Edit" from the selection tooltip to open.
• From a note selection, open the Fine Edit tool to create a cross-staff beam from the original staff to the staff that is above or below.
• Switch between different enharmonic spellings using the Fine Edit tool.
• Set repeated accidentals.
• When switching between concert and transposing pitch, the original enharmonic spellings are now preserved.
• When selecting staff(s) using the copy and paste tool, you now have the option to highlight the notes under the selection. This allows you to transpose or edit the selection using the Fine Edit tool.
• With the copy/paste menu open, you can now select all parts by tapping the corresponding tooltip option.
• Place any number of chord symbols in empty bars or otherwise unattached to any existing note. To add them, just switch to an empty layer, tap on the chord symbol icon, and tap anywhere inside a measure.
• Customize the positioning and shape of slurs. Positionings are preserved even if you change the layout or size of your score.
• Cues are now available in the notehead expandable button.
• Many new dynamics.
• Over a dozen new articulation symbols, including tremolos, a variety of different trills, caesuras, breath marks, and paired symbols.
• Basic support for fingerings.
• For newly created articulations and dynamics, positions are preserved regardless of the page scale.
• Use the Navigation Ruler to move to different sections of your project efficiently. Tap and hold the forward transport button to activate it. Tap again to dismiss.
• In horizontal (continuous) scroll viewing mode, the clef and key are drawn automatically in the left-most measure, such that these score elements are readily visible.
• Use the Score Colors Menu to customize the background. We will be adding support for notehead colors and a larger selection of score background colors in our next update.
• 7 Recording quantization options.
• Turn tuplets on or off.
• Overdubbing support for recording using multi-voice.
• Use SoundCloud Integration to export a selected project as a private or public audio track.
• Use the SoundCloud export menu to share your projects via Facebook, Twitter, and more.
--- Bug Fixes and Enhancements ---
• Addresses many crashes, glitches, and failures across virtually all parts of the app.
• Improved sound quality.
• To view the complete list of over 200 primary fixes, visit our support link at forums.symphonypro.net.