Feed your curiosity and expand your world with TED Talks.
Explore more than 3,000 free videos and learn from the world's most remarkable people. Search by any mood or topic, from tech and science to the surprises of your own psychology.
Features on iPad, iPhone and iPod touch:
・Browse the TED Talks video library, with subtitles in over 100 languages
・Discover inspiring, funny, or jaw-dropping talks and curated playlists
・Sign in to your TED profile to sync saved talks across devices
・Play videos on your device or send to your home entertainment system via AirPlay or Chromecast
・Let us build you a custom playlist - tailored to fit your ideal timeframe
・Download talks to watch offline
・Bookmark talks to watch later
Download the TED app to stay curious, informed, and inspired.
We received a few reports from you about our push notifications not opening to the talk you were expecting, so we wanted to get a fix out for that. Our iOS developer (who is also writing these release notes) is very sorry about that bug.
Here's the full list of what's improved in this release.
* We fixed a few scenarios where tapping the "Open" link at the top of a TED.com talk page on your iOS device wouldn't open to that content in our app.
* We are trying to be smarter about removing push notifications from your lock screen. If you tap on a message, it is removed but any other messages from us should be kept around in case you're using the lock screen as a mini-bookmarking system.
* There was a crash on launch that was affecting some users. We were trying to load the app's interface in the background.
* We fixed a crash that could happen in the video player when trying to update its internal state.
We hope you enjoy the new release. If you run into any issues or have general feedback on our app, email us at email@example.com.
ps. We don't prompt you for a review in the app because we don't want to take away from your time with our speakers. However, if you are enjoying TED for iOS, please take a moment to rate and review us on the App Store. It really helps us out!
Ratings and Reviews
Good search features but won’t play back downloaded videos
I love TED and I’ve been using it as a teaching aid for several years. When I saw the app I thought wonderful, I can now have the videos with all their information and play them back for students. Currently, I use an iPad for this, by transferring them from my laptop, but they gather up in my photo album and don’t have any information other than play length. So, wouldn’t it be great to have a place which has not only names of the videos but also the background information? I hoped in vain. The app's playback feature, sadly, does not even come close to working. Awww, so close.
4.0 deleted all my local List and Likes
I was so happy you finally implemented the login feature...
As soon as I logged in the app overwrote my carefully maintained List of talks and Likes with whatever little was on my web account, without a SINGLE warning.
Excuse me but this is a horrible user experience.
Cherry on the cake, if I try to logout it says it will delete all of those from the device. Guys, this is ridiculous.
The app used to have a share button to email yourself those lists, which was the *only way* to back them up, but you removed it for god knows what reason...
Developer Response ,
Hi Ana & Kamal, we're really sorry you lost your talks and likes. We haven't seen this happen for other users - the app should merge your phone content with your account - but for some reason that didn't happen. It doesn't help you, but we'll be looking into this, so thank you for letting us know. Note that if you log out, the List/Likes will be cleared from the device - but if you log in again, they'll come back.
An excellent resource. There’s always something new and surprising to discover.
One little niggle, however. In the past ‘Surprise Me’ allowed the viewer to select from a list of suggestions. It would be nice to have that option again.
- TED Conferences
- 56.4 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch. Apple TV.
- English, Arabic, Czech, Dutch, French, German, Hebrew, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- © 2019 TED Conferences, LLC
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.