Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The Tibetan Dictionary combines several dictionaries into a single app. Words and definitions can be searched for in both english and tibetan, taking advantage of the Tibetan language support built-in to iOS.
It is a universal app and is optimised for both iPhone and iPad.
The following dictionaries are included:
* tsig mdzod chen mo
* dag yig gsar bsgrigs
* New Tibetan-English-Chinese Vocabulary
* New English-Tibetan Dictionary
* Rangjung Yeshe Dictionary
To type using tibetan script, you need to turn on the tibetan keyboard in the main Settings app:
Settings > General > Keyboard > International Keyboards > Add New Keyboard...
You can then select the Tibetan keyboard by tapping the 'world' icon on the keyboard, next to the spacebar.
What's New in Version 1.9
* corrections to many entries in the dictionaries. Thanks to everyone who sent us a correction.
* Tibetan localisation in iOS 8 when Tibetan is set as the device's main language. This can be changed in Settings > General > Language and Region > Preferred Language Order
* updated for iOS 8 and iPhone 6 / 6 Plus
- Category: Reference
- Updated: 30 October 2014
- Version: 1.9
- Size: 34.5 MB
- Languages: English, Tibetan
- Developer: Tim Lewis
- © 2012-2014 Phurba
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.