Tonido - File Access, Music and Video Streaming from Anywhere
By CodeLathe LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
TUAW: "Tonido has the potential to be one of those life-changing applications."
VentureBeat: "Tonido is your personal cloud, providing live streaming access to all your data and media, everywhere."
AppAdvice: "With Tonido You Can Run Your Own Personal Cloud"
Examiner: "Ease and convenience are two of the big "buzz words" in the mobile space right now and Tonido is both of those."
Cult of Mac: "Great way to access the music, movies, photos, and documents you have stored on your Mac or PC"
Tonido allows you to access your entire collection of documents, photos, music and videos in your computer, TonidoPlug or Tonido Cloud from anywhere. It is completely FREE.
You can instantly open files, folders, pictures or videos that are stored on your computer from your iOS device with just one click. No uploading to a public server, and no worries about storage constraints in your device. Tonido makes it easy to work directly with your computer files, no matter where you are.
* Video Streaming - Easily stream videos from your computer to your device.
* Video Format support - Converts most video formats automatically (including AVI, MP4, MKV, VOB, XVID, WMV) - Live Video transcoding
* Music Streaming - Stream your entire music collection in different formats (including FLAC, OGG, WMA, MP3 and more) without saving them locally on your device.
* AirPlay Support - Stream Videos and Music to Apple TV using AirPlay
* Remote File Access - Browse files and documents, download them locally, edit them and re-upload them back.
* Download for Offline Use - Save documents, media locally so you can access them even without an internet connection
* Sharing - Share selected files, music, media to guest users either by creating direct links to the files or by emailing the file directly
* Create and Manage music playlists for your music
* View photos (JPEG, PNG, GIF, CR2, NEF, CRW and more)
* Wirelessly Download files directly to your iOS device and access it offline
* Open your downloaded files using other installed applications
* Take photos, videos and quickly upload to your home computer
* It’s FREE!
To get started:
Step 1: Install Tonido Desktop server (Available for FREE from www.tonido.com) for your OS.
Step 2: Create an account and leave your computer powered on
Step 3: Enter the account information in the iOS app and you are good to go!!
Tonido Streams to iPhone
“Can’t beat it. You install Tonido on your PC and access your hard drive including music, videos and documents. Works great! ALL FREE too!!!”
- David Meilan
Awesome app! Very useful
“I can hear music stored in my PC. Take photos and upload to my PC on the spot. Browse files & folders from my PC. Highly Recommended!”
- Jason Washington
Tonido provides a personal, secure doorway to your computer from anywhere in the world you happen to be. This app makes it super fast and easy for you to access and share your documents, photos, music and videos, all from your portably convenient iDevice. All you need is the computer with Windows, Mac and Linux or a TonidoPlug or a TonidoCloud installation.
What all of this means for you is freedom. Forget about carrying your USB stick and leave your music at home. You don’t need to lug those things around anymore. Tonido gives you free and easy access to your entire hard drive, including your music collection.
It works both ways, too. Have a photo on your phone that you’d like to upload to your computer at home? No problem, you can do that with Tonido, as well. You’re going to love and rave about this application!
Do you really need any more reasons to get this app?
Download Tonido now and experience the freedom.
User's Guide: http://www.tonido.com/support/display/docs/iPhone+and+iPad
What's New in Version 7.1
Fix for media sync issue with iOS 8.0
General iOS8.0 compatibility fixes
Works, but could be better
I mostly use Tonido to stream my music to my iPad, replacing iTunes Home Sharing (because it doesn't work with a library of any real size). Tonido does a decent job of streaming music, and it's a bonus that I don't have to be connected to the home wifi network.
There are a few details that could be better though. Tonido won't import iTunes playlists, so you have to build all new ones. The developers seem to be insisting that Tonido automatically imports iTunes playlists, and ignoring all the people commenting on the blog and in their forums that it doesn't work.
Playback controls in the app could definitely do with being improved especially if you happen to be lis tending to an audiobook or podcast - scrubbing is difficult and very hit-and-miss.
The server program (that you install on your computer) is very ugly and unpleasant to use. The type is ludicrously tiny and there is no list view for songs, albums etc.
I don't know what Tonido is like for other types of file transfer because there are other, better apps for those things and I use them instead.
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: 14 October 2014
- Version: 7.1
- Size: 7.6 MB
- Languages: English, Italian, Japanese
- Developer: Codelathe LLC
- © 2014 CodeLathe LLC.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimised for iPhone 5.