Ulster Bank RI
By The Royal Bank of Scotland Group, plc
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
With the Ulster Bank Mobile Banking app, managing your money on the move is easy, fast and secure.
• Get Cash from your account at any Ulster Bank Republic of Ireland, or EasyCash cash machine without your Debit card
• Pay bills & Pay Your Contacts
• Transfer money between your Ulster Bank accounts
• Check your balance and your statement
• Find your nearest cash machine or local branch with Near Me
• Business customers can check balances for most Ulster Bank Republic of Ireland business accounts
Other things you need to know:
- Get Cash lets you take out up to €250 per day from our ROI cash machines, when you have at least €10 in your account (including any overdraft facility). There is a maximum limit of two Get Cash withdrawals a day, but only one cash code can be provided at a time. Each code expires after 3 hours. The amount you ask for will also need to be within the daily withdrawal limit for your debit card.
- With ‘Pay Your Contacts’ you can pay anyone else who has the Ulster Bank Republic of Ireland Mobile Banking app using just their ROI mobile number. We’ll send them a text to tell them you’ve sent them money and it goes into their account straight away. You can send up to €250 a day.
- You can also pay someone using Pay Your Contacts who doesn’t have our app but does have a valid ROI Visa debit, credit or prepaid card as well as a ROI mobile. We’ll send them a text message to let them know the money is waiting, and a link to click. Separately, you will have to let them know how much you’ve sent them. Once we’ve notified your contact, they have seven days to collect a payment. When they follow the link in the message, enter their Visa card number and the amount they’re expecting from you, we’ll deposit the money in their account the next business day. Once they’ve collected the payment and your balance has been debited, we’ll send you a text message. You can send up to €250 a day.
To use ‘Pay Your Contacts’ customers must have available funds in their account (including any overdraft). Limits are independent of daily withdrawal and Get Cash limits.
- You can enable Touch ID when it is offered at login after you’ve upgraded to the latest version of our Mobile Banking app. Or you can choose to enable it any time in future through the ‘More’ menu of the app. You can use Touch ID only on iPhone 5S, 6 or 6 plus devices with an iOS 8 or higher operating system.
How to Register
To use the Ulster Bank Republic of Ireland Mobile Banking app, you need to have an Ulster Bank Republic of Ireland Personal current account and Anytime Internet Banking, be over 11 and have a ROI mobile number starting with 08.
Once you’ve downloaded the app, registering is simple. All you need to hand is your Anytime Internet Banking customer number, PIN and password to access the app straight away.
Not got a Anytime Internet Banking customer number? Get a reminder or sign up for Anytime Internet Banking at ulsterbank.ie/anytime
If you have an existing iPhone app and also want to use it on multiple iPhones, we will recognise your mobile number during registration so you don’t need to register again. Simply select option one ‘Existing user’ on your iPhone and login using your existing passcode. If you’re having trouble with your app please call the helpdesk on 1800 937 900. Calls may be recorded.
Standard data charges may apply. Contact your network operator for details.
To enjoy all of the features listed you will need to accept the following permissions:
- Network communication for connectivity
- Your location to find your nearest cash machine or branch
- Access to your contact list to allow you to ‘Pay Your Contacts’
What's New in Version 4.1.0
This time round, we've made the following changes to the App:
- If your phone is jailbroken, you can no longer use Touch ID to log into the app. However, you can continue to use the app using your Passcode to log in.
- You can now view the Standing Orders coming out of your account.
Update No good
As some of the previous reviews are saying, the update is terrible. The app was five previously and now the fingerprint ID does not work and I have a brand new phone not jail broken. This needs to be fixed urgently! Otherwise very good. First star lost 👍🏻
No Touch ID support
The last version claims that only Jailbroken devices cannot use Touch ID anymore, but it seems that Touch ID does not work on my phone as well. It is not a Jailbroken phone, but it has a few certificates installed which enable me to access my company's email. So yeah, it is not a totally vanilla clean iPhone, but it is not Jailbroken. Please bring back Touch ID support or debug your software better.
Touch ID /location services
Was wondering why Touch ID wasn't working.. Until I discovered had to re-enable it in more...
Location services still doesn't work!!
- Category: Finance
- Updated: 12 May 2015
- Version: 4.1.0
- Size: 12.9 MB
- Language: English
- Developer: The Royal Bank of Scotland Group, plc
- © Copyright 2004 - 2014 Monitise Group Limited
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimised for iPhone 5.