By Wikimedia Foundation
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Official Wikipedia App for iOS. Wikipedia is the free encyclopedia containing more than 32 million articles in 280 languages, and is the most comprehensive and widely used reference work humans have ever compiled. The app has been rewritten from scratch and is better than ever before.
* Speed, the app is faster than ever.
* Editing both logged in or not.
* Recent pages so you never got lost in the depths of Wikipedia.
* Save pages for offline reading.
* Share articles with others.
* Read articles in a different language.
* Wikipedia Zero, supporting zero-rated access with participating carriers.
The code is 100% open source and community built. If you are a developer and good at Objective-C, then check us out:
What's New in Version 4.0.6
Fix for the total lockup crash sometimes seen when displaying certain massive articles on older versions of iOS / older hardware.
Fix for crash when closing recent/saved during edit mode.
New "recent search terms" interface - appears when you clear search term. Individual items may be swiped to delete, or all items cleared by tapping trash can icon.
Search keyboard "Go" button loads first article in the search results.
Search keyboard appears when search box "x" button tapped.
Search shows new results without "blanking" previous results. Much less jarring visually.
Better "W" menu inter-item spacing on 3.5 inch screens.
Update search box styling to look same on iOS 6, 7 and 8. It was looking funky on iOS 6.
Increased search result and recent item row height a bit.
Nearby vertically aligns image better with title/distance.
Page history cells now resize properly on iOS 8.
Better scaling of nearby results on tablets.
Fixed scale of "Searching..." message on tablets.
Faster and more consistent dynamic table cell height determination on search results, page history, recent, saved pages, nearby and "W" menu items.
Updated networking library to latest version.
Updated the "About the Wikipedia app" page to credit The Specialists Guild testers and fix the feedback link.
Since recent update articles are squashed together making the start of any subject unreadable. The info box overlaps the start of the article
- Category: Reference
- Updated: 05 December 2014
- Version: 4.0.6
- Size: 5.1 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Armenian, Arpitan, Asturian, Avaric, Azerbaijani, Bengali, Breton, Catalan, Central Bikol, Chechen, Czech, Danish, Dimli (individual language), Dutch, Esperanto, Faeroese, Finnish, French, Galician, German, Gujarati, Hawaiian, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Hunsrik, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Kannada, Karachay-Balkar, Korean, Lithuanian, Lower Sorbian, Luxembourgish, Macedonian, Malagasy, Malay, Malayalam, Marathi, Nepali, Occitan, Oriya, Pashto, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Rinconada Bikol, Romanian, Russian, Scots, Serbian, Simplified Chinese, Singhalese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Tajik, Tamil, Telugu, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Upper Sorbian, Vietnamese, Yiddish
- Developer: Wikimedia Foundation
- © Wikimedia Foundation
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimised for iPhone 5.