By Wikimedia Foundation
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Official Wikipedia App for iOS. Wikipedia is the free encyclopedia containing more than 32 million articles in 280 languages, and is the most comprehensive and widely used reference work humans have ever compiled.
* Better search results with short descriptions of matching articles
* Search for and read Wikipedia articles written in any language
* Quickly share facts as image cards or text
* Saved pages for when you don't have a data connection
* Prominent image and description at the top of many articles
* High resolution image galleries
* Related article suggestions at the bottom of each article
* Nearby articles for exploring your current location
* Swipe left for quick section navigation table of contents
* Wikipedia Zero: data charges waived for participating mobile operators
Contribute to our translations:
Open source repository:
To send feedback in the app tap:
W > More > About the Wikipedia app > Send app feedback
What's New in Version 4.1.4
We have a fresh release with both visual and “under the hood” improvements. We hope you like it! As always, you can let us know what you think by leaving a review.
* New App Icon!
* Improved the look of articles by display larger images.
* Removed the progress spinner when loading pages. Instead we now use a less distracting and more informative progress bar.
* Improved text selection for sharing a fact.
* Improved scrolling performance of the Saved pages list.
* Fixed a bug which caused lead images to be blurry.
* Several fixes to improve the reliability of the history and back button navigation.
* Fixed bug which caused the Hebrew main page to be “collapsed”.
* Improved performance when migrating a large amount of saved articles.
* Fixed crash bug when migrating a large amount of saved articles.
* Several visual bug fixes on the article view.
* Fixed a crash when removing items from history.
* More crash fixes!
Thanks to all of you for using the Wikipedia iOS app and helping us make it better.
- The Wikimedia Reading Team
- Category: Reference
- Updated: 02 June 2015
- Version: 4.1.4
- Size: 7.8 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Armenian, Arpitan, Asturian, Avaric, Azerbaijani, Bengali, Breton, Catalan, Central Bikol, Chechen, Czech, Danish, Dimli (individual language), Dutch, Esperanto, Faeroese, Finnish, French, Galician, German, Gujarati, Hawaiian, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Hunsrik, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Kannada, Karachay-Balkar, Korean, Lithuanian, Lower Sorbian, Luxembourgish, Macedonian, Malagasy, Malay, Malayalam, Marathi, Nepali, Occitan, Oriya, Pashto, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Rinconada Bikol, Romanian, Russian, Scots, Serbian, Simplified Chinese, Singhalese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Tajik, Tamil, Telugu, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Upper Sorbian, Vietnamese, Yiddish
- Developer: Wikimedia Foundation
- © 2015 Wikimedia Foundation
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimised for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.