Antibiotic Flashcards - Antibiotic studying made easy
By Hipposoft, LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Learn your antibiotics the easiest way possible with Antibiotics Flashcards. Fully customizable flashcards with all the information you need organized specifically to facilitate efficient learning.
“Learning antibiotics is always a struggle for any student. The key is to learn by antibiotic class and by antibacterial spectrum. There is a reason why antibiotics are placed into classes - because all antibiotics of a class have similar mechanisms of action, side effects, antimicrobial spectrums, etc. These developers actually get this and have created an app to really help learning antibiotics."
-Dr. Don Nguyen, M.D.
University of California, San Diego
School of Medicine
Learning antibiotics is one of the most difficult tasks when studying Microbiology. The problem with studying such material is that students often have trouble organizing the information in a way that is useful to them. They are often overwhelmed by the wealth of information and the sheer number of antibiotics that they need to learn.
We believe that the solution is to learn antibiotics in small chunks and to learn antibiotics logically by antibiotic class and antimicrobial spectrums.
Antibiotic Flashcards was specifically designed with this strategy in mind.
1) Learn by Antibiotic Class - The main deck flashcards are organized by Antibiotic Class. We did this because learning by class is a much more manageable task than learning each individual antibiotic. Antibiotics of a class share similar properties, so by learning the class, you essentially learn multiple antibiotics at once.
2) Learn by Antimicrobial Spectrum - In clinical medicine, it is useful to learn antibiotics not only by class but also by antimicrobial spectrum. We tackle this need in two ways.
The Category Deck: All flashcards have already be separated into categories of antimicrobial spectrum. What that means is that if you are interested in only the antibiotics that cover MRSA, you can create a Category Deck that will include only the Antibiotics that cover MRSA.
Antimicrobial Spectrum Cards: There are 10 AS Cards included and these will give you a list of all the antibiotics that cover a given pathogen all on a single flashcard. For example, the "Antimicrobial Spectrum Card - MRSA Coverage" card will have a list of all the antibiotics that cover MRSA.
3) Learn piece by piece - Sometimes it is best to study small chunks of information to make learning more manageable. With antibiotic flashcards you can decide what information is presented on the front or back of a card. You won't learn everything about an antibiotic in a single day, but maybe you can learn all the side effects. Learn by chunks.
We realize that everyone is at a different level of knowledge. It's a fine balance between including too much information and not having enough detail. Our solution? Make Antibiotic Flashcards 100% customizable. You can add new cards, edit existing cards, delete cards. You can even create new categories to associate cards with.
Included information about Antibiotics include:
-Route of Administration
-Mechanism of action
- Attractive, easy to navigate interface
- Full deck includes 39 classes covering 56 antibiotics
- Mark cards as "Favorite" and view them in the Favorites Deck
- Index allows you to search and browse all cards by class or antibiotic name - Fully customizable means you can add, edit, or delete cards - Choose what information to show on each side of the card
- View cards in landscape or portrait mode
- Shuffle mode
- Categories Deck lets you create a deck with cards of a given category - Over 50 preset categories plus the ability to create your own categories
- Associate any card with any category
- Antimicrobial Spectrum Cards help you learn all the antibiotics that cover a cover certain pathogen
What's New in Version 1.3
Fixed bug where users can get stuck on the instructions screen.
- NIS 6.90
- Category: Medical
- Updated: 04 April 2012
- Version: 1.3
- Size: 6.9 MB
- Developer: Hipposoft, LLC
- © 2011 Hipposoft
Compatibility: Requires iOS 3.2 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.