English <-> Russian Talking Academical Dictionary
By Paragon Technologie GmbH
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Big Academic English-Russian-English Dictionary presented in a program of "XXI Century Dictionaries" contains over 200,000 words and phrases, as well as a large number of detailed word usage examples in spoken and written language.
The dictionary was prepared by the world famous Russian linguists Yuriy Apresyan and Mikhail Dubrovin.
This edition includes new words and idiomatic expressions, terms of economics, computer equipment, etc. The dictionary focuses on British English, but also includes examples of American word usage.
• Dictionary database contains over 148,000 entries.
• English sound module contains 51,000 entries by native speakers.
• Russian sound module contains 51,000 entries by native speakers.
• New for iOS 8: You can now look up words while reading in Safari. Highlight any text and send it to the dictionary via the “Share” button. Please first enable the dictionary as a Safari 'extension'.
• New multiple clipboard look-up! You can now copy as many words as you need while reading – even the whole text, - switch back to the dictionary app and view all the relevant dictionary entries one-by-one.
• New! Graphics fully adapted for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus.
• New! App startup has got 3 times faster!
• Full text search feature allows you to look up words more efficiently throughout the whole dictionary content, including headwords and usage examples.
• Built-in PenReader multilingual handwriting recognition support.
• Built-in units converter.
• Audio pronunciations made by native speakers.
• No Internet connection required: simply download the dictionary once and use it on you iPhone/iPad/iPod touch without any additional expenses.
• Contextual menu (Translate, Morphology Module, Pronounce).
• Improved browsing capabilities through word list and Search History.
• Enhanced customization options allow you to modify animated menus and choose background colors.
• Enlarge or reduce font size for your comfort.
• Hyperlinks between articles and directions.
• Search History for the last 100 entries.
• List of similar words in case of misspelling.
• English and Russian morphology module to translate words in any grammatical form.
• Wildcard Search if you are unsure of the exact word spelling. Use “?” and “*” symbols to replace the missing letters.
• Flash Card Quiz to memorize new words and test your knowledge as many times as you wish.
• You can clear your search history.
• Landscape mode support.
XXI Century Dictionaries are based on the latest research, considering traditional and the most recent Russian linguistic approaches. The dictionaries reflect all changes and processed that have been taking place in the Russian language for several decades. The dictionaries embody scientific breakthroughs in Russian linguistics and provide the most detailed information about a word, illustrating the logiscs and laws of the system, where the word functions.
What's New in Version 3.58.488
* New for iOS 8: You can now look up words while reading in Safari. Highlight any text and send it to the dictionary via the “Share” button. Please first enable the dictionary as a Safari 'extension'.
* New multiple clipboard look-up! You can now copy as many words as you need while reading – even the whole text, - switch back to the dictionary app and view all the relevant dictionary entries one-by-one.
* New! Graphics fully adapted for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus.
* New! App startup has got 3 times faster!
- NIS 66.90
- Category: Reference
- Updated: 09 April 2015
- Version: 3.58.488
- Size: 295 MB
- Languages: English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Russian, Spanish
- Developer: Paragon Technologie GmbH
- © 2015 Paragon Software Group
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimised for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.