FREE WriteChinese Vol1 For Kids Lite
By Jane Fung
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
FREE WriteChinese Volume 1 For Kids Lite Version 1.0
This game is designed for kids who are English speaking. This game can help your young one recognize Chinese characters by dragging and dropping strokes to the correct positions. Thru the drag and drop process, your kid can spend more time looking at the word. I have put in highly animated pictures and interesting sound effect to help express the meaning of the word. In addition, there is English subtitle in the bottom to facilitate parents explain the word meaning. Since the order of the strokes is critical in Chinese, the game will also guide your kid to compose the words in the correct strokes order. If it's out of order, the correct stroke will be highlighted. Your kid will know which strokes to look for and place it in the highlighted position. Furthermore, there will be repetitive Cantonese pronunciations to help correlate the verbal pronunciations with the word.
There are two modes in the game - Practice mode and Guided mode. In the practice mode, the Chinese word has a grey drop zone. Tell your kid to drop the strokes into the grey zone. When your kid is getting better in remembering the word formation, you can change to the guided mode. The guided mode will be blank to begin with there is no drop zone. However, you will still have the yellow guide if your first attempt is incorrect.
I will add more words in the next version. If you like the game, please leave feedback or any comments for improvements. As a parent, though I do not encourage video games for my kid. However, sometimes it’s just inevitable that you have to bring out your phone or tablet to “quiet” them for the moment. So if my kid has to play a game, at least play something that is educational. Install it now !!
- Cantonese pronunciation
- Traditional Chinese character
- Drag and drop to "draw" the Chinese words
- The strokes are drew in the proper order
- The next stroke is highlight in yellow
- Fun animation and sounds
- English subtitle
- 50 Chinese words
- Practice mode: grey drop zone
- Guided mode: no drop zone
- Mute option
Words in Lite version:
- Words included: big, small, up, down, inside, outside, left, right, front, back
Words in Full Version:
Numbers (1 to 10)
- You can also learn the abacus number representations from 1 to 10.
- Words included: sun, moon, mountain, wood, soil, star, cloud, sky, water, flower, forest, sand, rain
- Words included: female,male, mouth, heart, teeth, hand, ear, body, tongue, human
- Words included: cow, sheep, horse, fish, rabbit, dog, bird
- Category: Education
- Released: 08 December 2011
- Version: 1.0.0
- Size: 13.6 MB
- Developer: Jane Fung
- © Minky & Dori 2011
Compatibility: Requires iOS 3.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.