By Seong Park
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Golf GPS is a simple app. It tells distance to bunkers, water hazards, and pins. Many similar apps requires subscription (hopefully no additional cost) , or you need to build your own map ahead of time. While struggling with my terrible iron shot, I got an idea. When you play golf, you see red, white, blue yardage represents 100, 150 and 200 yards respectively from the pin. The idea was why don’t I reverse it on my iPhone screen.
It draws a map around you, and put blue pin where you are. And draw red, white, blue circle around you. Since I can add circle easily, I add three more: 50, 250 & 300 yard. For those who are familiar with meter, I add an option for you.
Those circle should be enough for most player while the app allows you to drop yardage wherever you want. Drop and drag it to a point you want, and it will tell exact distance from your location. Those yardages will be stored internally and will be displayed again until you delete it.
*** You need internet connection (probably 3G) to use this app ***
- It works any courses as long as you have internet connection
- Distance circles around your current location: 50, 100, 150, 200, 250, 300
- Support both yard and meter
- 10-yard(meter) circles when you zoom in
- Drop yardages wherever you want to know exact distance
- Relocate yardages by drag & drop
- App saves yardages for later play
- Compass view (rotate map) to match the direction you are facing; easy to find green
- Yardages in 3 different sizes
- Support background mode for quick restart
- More yardage circles when zoom closely for accuracy
- Drop a marker (shot from) where you hit and calculate distance from it
- Purchase option to remove ads and enable Marker History View, which allows you to review your mark (short from) history after a game
What's New in Version 1.93
- support iPhone 5
- fix minor bugs
- Category: Sports
- Updated: 06 March 2013
- Version: 1.93
- Size: 2.1 MB
- Language: English
- Developer: Seong Park
- © 2012 Seong Park
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.