The Opera Mini web browser for iOS lets you do everything you want to online without wasting your data plan. It’s a fast, safe mobile web browser that saves you tons of data.
* Sleek new look - Our new, lightweight design makes it easier to find what you need and do what you came online to do.
* Get the latest news - The start page keeps everything in one place. Choose the categories you’re interested in and Opera Mini will serve you the top stories and freshest content from across the web.
Why Choose Opera Mini?
* Faster browsing - Choose from search results that appear as you type; quickly access previously visited pages.
* Block ads - Save your screen space for the content you want to see and speed up browsing.
* Data savings - Reduce mobile data usage by up to 90%.
* Unlimited tabs - Open and view as many tabs as you’d like.
* Privacy - Use private tabs to browse incognito without leaving a trace on your device.
* Smart night mode - Bye-bye, sore eyes. Night mode lets you read more comfortably in the dark.
* Video boost - Turn it on to save tons of data on video. Pro tip: Video boost also reduces buffering.
* Home screen search - Use your device's Spotlight Search to access your Speed Dial entries. Just drag down on your home screen and start typing.
More than 250 million people depend on Opera Mini to help them browse more content, faster, even on congested and sluggish networks.
Install it. Try it. Love it.
- Various stability and performance fixes.
Ratings and Reviews
Generally great especially when roaming
Generally the app is great with Turbo savings turned on with image loading in e.g. minimum quality. That isn't available in Safari and is very helpful to conserve data especially when needed.
However these are missing:
2. Allow to remove Top Stories or at least limit data for it, it takes some time to load and uses data.
Opera is not too much of an opera
I'll keep this short:
- zooming in/out and pinch gestures are cr@p. You can only view a full web page, which is unreadable, or fully zoomed in on a section. How the heck are you supposed to know which section to zoom into if you can't see a d..n thing in the first place?
- sliding/scrolling gestures are too sensitive, they jump all around, and sometimes, if you happen to hit a hotspot while trying to initiate a scroll/slide, you browse to that hotspot instead. The legendary iPhone usability is gone.
- the latest version hasn't solved the serious incompatibility with pop-up windows, link selection and other standard HTML/Java fare. Conducting a complete Facebook session (managing friends, verifying requests, deleting micro-posts, etc) is at best, impossible. Opera either does not behave as any browser is expected to, and sometimes even crashes when you try opening a pop-up window (like it happens when a Facebook confirmation window pops up).
The only good thing I can say about Opera is that when it works, it's really fast, but the guys still have a long way to make it a serious, alternative, USABLE, browser. Still disappointed and frustrated by the promise and potential, vs the poor, buggy and unprofessional implementation. I hope that the next versions will improve.
This browser has an amazing scroll - better than any other iPhone browsers and even Opera itself desktop version. This feature alone makes Opera usage on iPhone highly enjoyable. Add to this an excellent tabs implementation, hard to beat Find in Page, load at once and instant Back/Forward and you get the perfect browser!
- Opera Software AS
- 77.1 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- English, Arabic, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- You must be at least 17 years old to download this application.
- Unrestricted Web Access
- Frequent/Intense Mature/Suggestive Themes
- © Opera Software AS
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.