By Joshua Steinberg, MD
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Pneumonia Guide distills and organizes the guidance found in the 2005 and 2007 American Thoracic Society & Infectious Disease Society of America guidelines on management of Community Acquired Pneumonia, Healthcare Associated Pneumonia, and Hospital Acquired Pneumonia and the 2011 IDSA Pediatric Community Acquired Pneumonia guideline.
The app addresses such common questions as:
* what criteria are useful in deciding which community acquired pneumonia patients should be hospitalized?
* what are those three big-gun antibiotics for adult hospital acquired pneumonia, and what are the alternatives for those with medication allergies?
* how long should antibiotics be continued?
* exactly which pneumonia cases are considered to be hospital acquired?
* which community acquired pneumonia patients require coverage for resistant organisms?
* which hospitalized patients should be in the ICU?
* which antibiotics are appropriate initial therapy for children with pneumonia?
This app is written and intended for practicing clinicians like family physicians, internists, pediatricians, ER docs, and hospitalists; for resident physician trainees; and for medical students. As an educator and clinician, I am interested in feedback and I would be grateful for guidance on improving the tool.
What's New in Version 3.0
improved organization of information improved for HAP & CAP, presentation of Pediatric pneumonia 2011 guideline incorporated
- Category: Medical
- Updated: 29 August 2013
- Version: 3.0
- Size: 0.6 MB
- Language: English
- Developer: Joshua D. steinberg
- © 2010 Joshua Steinberg MD and Anup Patunkar
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimised for iPhone 5.