By Kem Tekinay
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
A complete regular expression development tool meant for novices and professionals alike, this editor has many features designed to help in the development and storage of regular expressions. Based on the PCRE library, RegExRX will allow a user to craft patterns that are compatible with most regular expression flavors and will let them easily copy those patterns to other languages like Objective-C, Perl, Ruby, PHP and Xojo.
Some features include:
- Search and Replace modes.
- Color-coded tokens in both the "search" and "replace" patterns.
- Live matching against source text. Live replace too, where applicable.
- Insert menus with almost every acceptable token and a description of what they do, including constructs for various groupings, conditionals, lookarounds, and POSIX expressions.
- A "Match List" that shows all matches, with subexpressions and group names, and represents invisible characters like a space or return with their token equivalents ("\s" or "\r").
- A Templates menu for oft-used patterns. Save As Template from the File menu, or download free samples from our website directly into the Templates folder.
- Export the Match List to a text file, Excel, or FileMaker Pro XML.
- Save the Replaced Text to a text file.
- Stats on both the source text and replaced text so you can tell exactly where you are and what characters are represented at all times. Helps avoid errors caused by invisible characters.
- Linked scrolling among the source text, the replaced text and the Match List.
- Support for Unicode tokens, verbs, and subroutines.
- Save regular expressions in documents for reuse.
- Open as many windows as desired.
- Multiple levels of undo and redo.
- Link your sample source text to a file for easy reloading.
- Support for free-spacing mode.
- Full Unicode support, including a chart of all Unicode characters.
- A fluid interface that lets you resize each panel freely.
We also provides several ready-to-use sample regular expressions in a separate, free download. These samples include finding e-mail addresses, validating dates, removing duplicate lines, and more, and are available at our web site. (Check the Help menu to download directly through RegExRX.)
What's New in Version 1.8.1
- Otherwise-invisible characters will always be entered as their equivalent codes (like "\xNN") in the pattern fields.
- Optimized colorization of curly brackets.
- Updated PCRE to 8.3.3.
- Raised subgroup limit from 16 to 100.
- Specifying too many subgroups in the search pattern will now report an error.
- Copy As 4D Code (French) wasn't being properly disabled if there was no pattern to copy.
- Added customized contextual menu.
- Added Objective-C as Copy target.
- Replace tokens menu now show group names next to subexpression.
- Fixed typo in Insert Search menu.
- Fixed bug in "Paste Special" where "Escape Brackets" wouldn't do anything.
- Fixed bug where option-space, -return, -tab would not enter corresponding code into pattern.
- Fixed bug where user would be unable to enter extended characters like "¨" (or "^" on some international keyboards).
- Fixed bug where a conditional would throw off subsequent group names.
- Fixed bug where opening multiple documents at the same time may fail to properly colorize source text in one of them.
- NIS 19.90
- Category: Developer Tools
- Updated: 25 September 2013
- Version: 1.8.1
- Size: 11.7 MB
- Languages: English, Bengali, Dutch, French, German, Italian
- Developer: Kem Tekinay
- ©2013 by MacTechnologies Consulting.
Compatibility: OS X 10.6.6 or later