By United States Department of Agriculture, Agricultural Research Service
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Agriculture’s (USDA), Agricultural Research Service (ARS) who has worked close with the Dept. of
Defense’s Deployed Warfighter Protection Program (DWFP) to evaluate a number of sprayers used to
spray pest control products targeted insect vectors of human and animal diseases. Using facilities at the
U.S. Navy Entomology Center of Excellence, nearly 100 different sprayers have been tested for droplet
size under various operational setups (nozzles, pressured, flowrates, spray solutions, etc…). Over the
past several years, this data has been incorporated into an extensive database. This app provides users
with a quick, easily searchable interface that returns droplet size data for the specified operational setup.
The database is structured such that users are requested to select specific operational parameters which
- Company Name (of the spray system used)
- Spray System (model number)
- Solution Type (carrier solution used)
- Sprayer Setting/Nozzle
- Pressure (psi)
- Flowrate (oz/min)
Using the above specified parameters, the app will provide droplet size results to the user. These
- DV0.1, DV0.5, and DV0.9
o Droplet size (in µm) such that 10, 50, or 90% of the spray volume, respectively, is
contained in spray droplet sizes of equal or less.
The results, along with the initial parameters, are time and date stamped and can be saved to the user’s
device under any name of their choice. The app allows for these results to be emailed to any address of
their choice. The saved results can be viewed or emailed at any time.
What's New in Version 1.3
- Bug fixes
- Performance enhancements for database updates
- Category: Reference
- Updated: 09 September 2014
- Version: 1.3
- Size: 8.5 MB
- Language: English
- Developer: Bradley Fritz
- © This app is provided as a public service by the U.S. Dept. of Agriculture-Agricultural Research Service (USDA-ARS) and U.S. Dept. of Defense. While the information provided is considered public information and may be distributed or copied, it is requested that credit be given to USDA-ARS when using this information. While the Aerial Application Technology team makes every effort to ensure that its databases are error-free, errors do occur. We ask that you notify us immediately of any errors that you discover in our data. We will make every effort to correct them. Reference to any specific commercial products, process, or service by trade name, trademark, manufacturer, or otherwise, does not constitute or imply its endorsement, recommendation, or favoring by the United States Government, USDA-ARS or US Dept. of Defense.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.