VFR Pilot Communications
By Sporty's Pilot Shop
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Every pilot worries about communications. Now you can sound like a seasoned pro with Sporty’s interactive iPhone/iPad app!
Using a visual menu system, VFR Communications is broken down into 8 subject areas and 23 individual HD video segments. Based on Sporty’s 50 years of aviation education experience, the VFR Communications app contains over 60 minutes of engaging 3D animations, in-flight video and real-world communication scenarios.
• Covers all types of communications, including Air Traffic Control, non-tower fields, and emergency situations
• Detailed scenarios cover every aspect of both arriving and departing Class B, C and D airspace
• Learn all about en route communications, including how to get Flight Following with ATC
• Hear pilots making real communications, enhanced with detailed graphics and audio transcriptions
• Special section covers non-standard communications that you’ll hear in the real world--know what to expect after your checkride
Included is a review quiz based on content from the videos. After finishing the questions you’ll receive instant feedback on your score and be able to review missed questions. There’s even a way to quickly review the video segment from which the question is based!
Also included is a useful VFR Communications Quick Reference Guide. This practical guide provides pertinent info for VFR pilots, including step-by-step instructions on how to arrive and depart from tower-controlled airports, FSS communications, lost communication procedures, ATC light gun signals and an overview of the phonetic alphabet.
The VFR Communications video segments cover the following topics:
• Intro / General Information
-- Radio Phraseology
-- Tips for Good Communication
• Non-Tower Field Communications
-- Arriving at a Non-Tower Field
-- Departing a Non-Tower Field
• En Route Communications
-- VFR Flight Plans
-- En Route Flight Advisory Service (EFAS)
-- Hazardous In-Flight Weather Advisory Service (HIWAS)
-- ATC Flight Following
• Non-Standard Communications
-- Radio Phraseology Variations
-- Understanding IFR Pilots
-- Communication Shorthands
• Class D Airport Operations
-- Understanding ATIS
-- Arriving at a Class D Airport
-- Departing a Class D Airport
• Class C Airport Operations
-- Class C Airspace Overview
-- Arriving at a Class C Airport
-- Departing a Class C Airport
• Class B Airport Operations
-- Class B Airspace Overview
-- Arriving at a Class B Airport
-- Departing a Class B Airport
• Communications Failure
-- Lost Communications Procedures
-- Handheld Backup Radio
Sporty’s Pilot Shop is the world’s leading provider of aviation training material, having trained thousands of pilots for over 50 years.
What's New in Version 2.4
• All new HD video and graphics in the training segments
• Video segments stream now on demand from the internet, significantly reducing the app file size
• Video playback now supports picture in picture playback on compatible devices
• Added ability to save videos for offline viewing
• Bug fixes
- NIS 139.90
- Category: Education
- Updated: 15 August 2016
- Version: 2.4
- Size: 52.3 MB
- Language: English
- Developer: Sporty's Pilot Shop
- © 2016, Sportsman's Market, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.