WhatsApp Messenger is a FREE messaging app available for iPhone and other smartphones. WhatsApp uses your phone's Internet connection (4G/3G/2G/EDGE or Wi-Fi, as available) to let you message and call friends and family. Switch from SMS to WhatsApp to send and receive messages, calls, photos, videos, and Voice Messages.
WHY USE WHATSAPP:
• NO FEES: WhatsApp uses your phone's Internet connection (4G/3G/2G/EDGE or Wi-Fi, as available) to let you message and call friends and family, so you don't have to pay for every message or call.* There are no subscription fees to use WhatsApp.
• MULTIMEDIA: Send and receive photos, videos, and Voice Messages.
• FREE CALLS: Call your friends and family for free with WhatsApp Calling, even if they're in another country.* WhatsApp calls use your phone's Internet connection rather than your cellular plan's voice minutes. (Note: Data charges may apply. Contact your provider for details. Also, you can't access 911 and other emergency service numbers through WhatsApp).
• GROUP CHAT: Enjoy group chats with your contacts so you can easily stay in touch with your friends or family.
• WHATSAPP WEB: You can also send and receive WhatsApp messages right from your computer's browser.
• NO INTERNATIONAL CHARGES: There's no extra charge to send WhatsApp messages internationally. Chat with your friends around the world and avoid international SMS charges.*
• SAY NO TO USERNAMES AND PINS: Why bother having to remember yet another username or PIN? WhatsApp works with your phone number, just like SMS, and integrates seamlessly with your phone's existing address book.
• ALWAYS LOGGED IN: With WhatsApp, you're always logged in so you don't miss messages. No more confusion about whether you're logged in or logged out.
• QUICKLY CONNECT WITH YOUR CONTACTS: Your address book is used to quickly and easily connect you with your contacts who have WhatsApp so there's no need to add hard-to-remember usernames.
• OFFLINE MESSAGES: Even if you miss your notifications or turn off your phone, WhatsApp will save your recent messages until the next time you use the app.
• AND MUCH MORE: Share your location, exchange contacts, set custom wallpapers and notification sounds, email chat history, broadcast messages to multiple contacts at once, and more!
*Data charges may apply. Contact your provider for details.
We're always excited to hear from you! If you have feedback, questions, or concerns, please email us at:
or follow us on twitter:
Note: WhatsApp is a telephony app, so iPod and iPad are not supported devices.
- You can now use Siri to send messages to WhatsApp groups.
- Group voice and video calls are now available. When you're in a call, tap the “Add Participant” icon. Group calls support up to 4 total participants.
Ratings and Reviews
Honest review after more than 4 or 5 years of using this app
So there is really one reason why am giving this Apple a one star, dear WhatsApp I DESPISE your voice notes mechanism. I get that you’re trying to act cool by having a neat “swoosh” type mechanism to delete a voice note in the making but I have lost so many voice no it’s in the middle of talking to this unparalleled stupidly designed mechanism. This feature has been nothing but problematic. Everything else in your app is perfectly fine the one star is just to emphasize how much I despise your voice note deletion feature. Create another mechanism that won’t be confused with the tiny movement or gesture of your thumb and that is more practical and safe. In other words not accident prone. This issue has existed ever since you added that feature and I can’t express the enormous amount of hate I have for it. I have lost so many 1-3 minute voice messages because while talking my thumb slightly moved a centimeter to the left. Life's already difficult as it is make it easier not more of a hassle. I’ve actually wanted to say this for a very long time but never got around to it, Thanks. Bye bye. You're welcome.
Great app, but Hebrew is too dense
This is easily the best, most useful app out there, and thousands of hours from my life were wasted on it 😂
But in the latest update you changed Hebrew text to have incredibly little line spacing which I find terribly ugly and difficult on the eyes. Why didn’t you just keep it the way it was? It was perfect! Same goes for the weird small numbers when typing in Hebrew.
Also this update introduced a bug where I can’t send bold text, that is, when I send a bold message it just doesn’t appear bold, at least on my phone. Hope you’ll look into this problem too.
I really love WhatsApp, I use it every day and all the time.. the only thing is, sometimes I need to go back and see old chats and I need to scroll up so much and suddenly the app just closes by itself and I need to go and look for old messages again and again because it continues to close the app. Very frustrating. And I really think that it would be nice to have like a timeline for messages. If someone would like to view messages from a year ago for example then you can choose a date that you would like to see. It would be very comfortable. 🙂
- WhatsApp Inc.
- 166.4 MB
- Social Networking
- Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone.
- English, Arabic, Bengali, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Gujarati, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Irish, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Marathi, Norwegian Bokmål, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Urdu, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humour
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- © 2018 WhatsApp Inc.
Get all of your passes, tickets, cards, and more in one place.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.
Get things done within this app using just your voice.