The 112 SOS Mobile App is a part of the Emergency Response Support System (ERSS), a Govt of India initiative. In an emergency situation, a person in distress may seek for the assistance of local emergency service delivery departments and volunteers through the App. The App will send emergency alerts with the user's details(name, age, emergency contacts) and location information, along with a generated call to ‘112’ - to the State Emergency Control Room and the person’s emergency contacts. The system forwards the emergency alert to nearby online local volunteers if available. The emergency alert is notified with an audible sound/ visual alert on the volunteer smartphones. The volunteers can mark their consent to help and the volunteer details along with photo and contact number will be forwarded to the person in distress.
* Providing single panic app across the country for addressing citizen emergency.
* Providing 24 x 7, efficient and effective response system, which can involve local volunteers from citizens to provide efficient emergency response service
* Timely dispatch of field resources (police, health, fire & disaster management) to the location of incidence using the system.
* Integration with existing emergency response systems.
* It aims to make the operations citizen-friendly, more transparent, and efficient and provides citizen profile management and feedback mechanisms.
* It will also help to keep track of the progress of incidents and the services delivered taking emergency services to the next level.
Ratings and Reviews
Very nice initiative
Good but features like “parachute app” should also be integrated.
Feature to Update location information
Please include feature to update location as we may travel to different state and in case of distress call, it will be a confusing situation.
- Kalai Selvan Alphonse
- 37.7 MB
- Social Networking
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © MHA, Govt of India
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.