Stream movies and TV shows recommended for you, including Prime Originals like The Grand Tour, The Man in the High Castle, and award-winning kids series Tumble Leaf.
• Customers with Prime can stream a vast library of movies and TV shows at no additional cost.
• Customers in the U.S., UK, Germany, Austria, and Japan can watch videos purchased or rented at Amazon.
• Download movies and TV shows over Wi-Fi or cellular to watch anywhere, anytime.
• Prime members in India can enjoy hundreds of top Bollywood and regional Indian hits like Sultan, Baar Baar Dekho, Kabali, Dhoom series, and more!
• View IMDB data about the actors, songs, and trivia related to your videos during playback with X-Ray.
• Watch on your Apple TV directly by downloading the separate tvOS app (requires Apple TV 3rd generation or later)
• Wirelessly stream from your phone to TV using AirPlay (requires Apple TV 2nd generation or later).
• Add videos to your Watchlist to watch later on any other Prime Video-compatible device.
• Access hundreds of thousands of movies and TV episodes you bought or rented including new release movies or the latest TV programming, with the ability to download titles for offline viewing.
• Start watching the next episode of the show you are currently streaming automatically with Auto Play.
If you subscribe to Prime Video via iTunes where available, payment will be charged to your iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase and your membership will automatically renew monthly unless auto-renewal is turned off at least 24 hours before the end of the then current membership period. Your account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours before the end of each membership period at the rate of your selected plan. You can manage your subscription and turn off auto-renewal anytime by going to My Account or through iTunes.
We now support player controls from your keyboard when using an iPad Pro.
Ratings and Reviews
Update: there is some serious flaw in the way downloads and streaming work! Out of nowhere, it stops steaming at the highest quality. It won’t download files at the highest quality and I have to restart my phone to make it do that. There’s no issue with the network provider, I am sure of that. Update after update, this is the one thing which I want desperately fixed but it seems to have a mind of its own. Please fix that. I don’t want to restart my phone every time I want to download something at the highest setting. Of course I checked all my settings and they’re all as they should be.
It does everything great. The app interface is nice, the content is good and is improving every day, and the flexibility of switching devices is great. It’s also really well priced. I do sometimes have issues with streaming quality but I guess that could be due to bad network coverage. Although it switches to my preferred choice of quality of streaming once I go back into settings and choose “best” as default again. So I don’t know what’s the problem, but it’s not so big that I’ll deduct a star or half of it. Great app. Keep it up.
Lacks English content.
The app and its UI are great by themselves. However, the app critically lacks major titles. Many titles from US Store are missing. Besides, not enough creators make content for Prime. They have been focussing on making content for India however they only do so in Hindi, often ignoring the English shows. As a result, even though they make content for India, people looking for English shows are left out as some US Titles pulled away and no Indian English shows are made.
There are a few minor problems. There is no option to switch streaming quality in the player. Sorting of shows and movies isn’t good enough. X-Ray also occasionally refuses to show up on my iPhone player whereas it is always there on the iPad.
Rating is only for lack of flexibility in subscription
There is no option to take monthly subscription unless you have a credit card or 2 specific bank debit card . For all other bank debit cards , only option is subscribe for a year . While I called the reason being said that , other banks not allowing auto payment end of monthly subscription & they are trying with banks to change their policy for debit cards . My point is , to hell with auto renewal, change your policy & let the customers have the flexibility to decide on the length of subscription, auto renewal and especially payment mode . Only for this kind of sh** commercial policy , above poor rating .
- AMZN Mobile LLC
- 130.3 MB
Requires iOS 9.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch. Apple TV.
English, Danish, Dutch, French, German, Hindi, Italian, Japanese, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Spanish, Swedish, Tamil, Telugu
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humour
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- © Copyright 2018 Amazon.com and its affiliates.
- In-App Purchases
- Prime Video Monthly ₹ 89
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.