Essential security for your Mac!
Bitdefender Virus Scanner finds Mac malware as well as Windows viruses with ease. Virus Scanner will detect any infected files that you downloaded or got in your inbox, so your Mac will be safe and you won’t pass anything bad to your friends’ computer.
Grant Bitdefender Virus Scanner access to the locations on your computer that you want to scan against malware. Choose ‘Deep System Scan’ or ‘Scan Critical Locations’ to scan. The award-winning Bitdefender engines will find that piece of malware. For free!
Make sure your Mac is free of infected files. Don't put your friends and family at risk by unknowingly passing along malware.
- Detects both OS X malware and Windows viruses;
- Before a scan, it updates to detect the latest malware;
- Searches for malware even in archives and inside various types of files such as pdf, pkg, zip, rar, etc.;
- Critical locations scan - rapidly scans system areas that are prone to infections.
- Award-winning Bitdefender antivirus engines;
- Quarantines dangerous files;
- Deep system scan for all the locations the user has granted access to;
- Drag-and-drop scan of files or folders;
- Option to exclude files and folders from scan (i.e. Time Machine backups, etc.)
- Easy-to-use interface.
- Due to sandboxing in the App Store, the app has access only to the locations that the user has explicitly granted access to. Grant access to the entire disk for increased protection;
- Disinfection limited by the privileges of the user running the app;
- Doesn’t scan programs stored in memory.
• macOS Mojave support
• Bug fixes
Ratings and Reviews
Recommended antivirus for mac users
Removed a spyware from my mac.
Thought macs were not at all vulnerable towards viruses and malware.
Boy, was I wrong!
This antivirus is, in my opinion, the best malware scanning utility for mac as of now.
A must have
Firstly I was mistaken for a long time that Macs are not prone to viruses, they are.
Also for a free app this is a must have.
I suspected there was a trojan that I got via a download and right enough this one caught it in a few seconds.
It does try to update the signatures before each scan so if you cancel it it will go straight to scanning, but its a great service the company offers.
Updates are horrible
The malware update takes forever and ever, and doesnt get completed as well. What is an antivirus that doesnt make it easier to update the signatures?? Its crap.
- Bitdefender SRL
- 308 MB
OS X 10.9 or later, 64-bit processor
English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 1997-2018 Bitdefender. All Rights Reserved.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.