Byword makes writing notes and long-form texts easier on your Mac.
# Key features of Byword
- Designed to make writing easier with Markdown
- Sync text documents across all your Mac, iPhone, iPad devices
- Comprehensive keyboard shortcuts for extra efficiency
- Alternate dark theme for extra comfort in low-light situations
- The most complete Markdown support including footnotes, tables and cross-references
- Export documents to PDF and HTML documents
- Publish to Medium, WordPress, Tumblr, Blogger and Evernote
# Blog publishing
Publish to Medium, WordPress, Tumblr, Blogger and Evernote from Byword. Posting to your blog with Byword is as simples as:
1. Write something in Byword
2. Open File menu and select Publish
3. Confirm metadata
# More features
- List continuations
- Typewriter scrolling mode
- Great text manipulation helpers
- Word and character counters with live update
- Spell and Grammar checking and Dictionary lookup
- Extensive VoiceOver API support for visual impaired users
Here are some ways to use Byword in your life:
- For posting to your blog without using clunky web interfaces
- For research, meeting and class notes
- To write that important email without being distracted
- To capture ideas and notes and have them available in all devices
# Enhanced for macOS Sierra
- Tabs: Merge multiple documents in one window (Window > Merge All Windows)
- iCloud Drive: Sync your documents seamlessly across your devices and apps
- Handoff: Start writing on your iPhone and pick up where you left off when you sit down at your Mac
- Split screen: In case you need an extra window side by side for research
- Full screen: Get even more immersed in your words
- Autosave: Time to stop worrying about saving your work
- Versions: Review past iterations of your compositions
- Resume: Always open your documents where you left off
- Tags: A powerful new way to organize your files
We are proud to provide a super friendly customer support over email. If you have suggestions or questions, please contact us using one the methods below.
Ratings and Reviews
23 March 2011
I love the elegant typography and soft colours - Byword is as beautiful as Ommwriter, and I use them both. Writeroom has a modern, techie look which is not for me. The focus tool is a nice innovation that I use a lot - the soft grey of the lettering is so attractive.
I would like to make a small suggestion, though - it would be great if later versions included an unobtrusive word count, like the ones in Ommwriter and Bean.
30 March 2011
Just wanted to add that version 1.1 now has a word and character counter! Thank you!
An amazing writer
I've writen two stories on it so far and know many in my office who use it to write copy on it. It's really a simple and elegant writer.
Simple, swift, awesome!
Byword makes life so easy for me.
I write all my blog posts in it.
Makes text editing look and feel so nice
It’s beautiful, stable, awesome app!
- Metaclassy, Lda
- 3.3 MB
- OS X 10.8 or later, 64-bit processor
- English, French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Metaclassy, Lda.
- ₹ 849
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.