Download the essential and most comprehensive dictionary app for dependable definitions at your fingertips.
Dictionary.com is the leading free English dictionary app for iPhone – with over 2,000,000 trusted definitions and synonyms, the Dictionary.com app is designed and optimized for your mobile device.
Works offline! Install the offline dictionary for access to definitions whenever you need them.
In addition to the trusted reference content from Dictionary.com and Thesaurus.com, this app includes:
- Word of the Day – learn a new word each day and expand your vocabulary
- Audio pronunciations – never mispronounce another word
- Voice search – find the definitions you’re looking for anywhere, anytime
- Content Collections Carousel includes Word Trends, Grammar Tips, , Slideshows, and Word of the Day
- Quiz widget - test your vocabulary skills (are you prepping for the SAT?) with our Word of the Day quizzes
- Word origin and history - discover etymology on even the strangest words
- Favorite words and search history - customize your recently searched word list and never forget the newest words you’ve learned
- English Spelling help - not sure how a word is spelled? This app will find it for you
- Local look-ups - take a look at the words searched by location
- Learner’s Dictionary - includes extra information about word usage for English learners
- Optimized for Apple Watch!
Get even more from your app with our Upgrades:
- Example Sentences
- Idioms and Phrases
- Medical, Science, Rhyming Dictionaries
- Offline Dictionary + Remove ads
Or you can get all of this additional content and remove ads for one low price with our Pro App.
Legible is a noun that means “easily readable.” You can use it to describe the new and improved Word of the Day!
Ratings and Reviews
Don’t have some minor features
Overall good and cheap dictionary, you can have offline version in few bucks. But, I am annoyed with its favourite word list which does not have back button. Going back while reading a favourite word lands you on the main page. I frequently revise my favourite words serially. I always have to go again to favourite button and load them again
Not the best layout...
I have purchased the Upgraded version however, can’t really customise any setting, only the bottom advertisement banner is gone. They should provide an option to block out the unnecessary ‘Arts & Entertainment’, ‘History’, ‘Quizzes’ etc. Just keep the layout (or at least provide an option to) plain and crisp for a dictionary. It seems unnecessary to pay and upgrade unless they let you block out all the unnecessary stuff from always showing when you open the app.
Good app but still has ads even if you purchase the paid version
God app for words but needs improvement in UI/UX. I have made several purchases that were claiming to be ad free but I’m still seeing ads. So it’s bit confusing how come they are misleading. Hope the developers read this review and look into making the app an ad free experience once we make the purchase.
- Dictionary.com, LLC
- 135.6 MB
Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Dictionary.com, LLC 2017
- In-App Purchases
- Example Sentences Upgrade ₹ 249
- Offline Database + No Ads Bundle ₹ 249
- Encyclopedia upgrade ₹ 249
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.