Flashcards by Dictionary.com
By Dictionary.com, LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Flashcards by Dictionary.com is 100% FREE and offers everything you need to master words and learn vocabulary while still having fun! Create your own word lists or choose from 500,000 lists. Learn and master words on the go! **Bonus: Premium content packs to give you a boost on the Common Core Standards.
- Create your own or choose from over 500,000 word lists.
- Find lists for your grade level or favorite subject matter, or to help you prepare for tests including SAT and ACT.
- Select your study method: flashcards or quizzes.
- Sync your online and mobile app progress.
- Study offline without an internet connection.
- Learn correct pronunciation with the audio feature on every card.
**BONUS: 4th, 5th & 6th COMMON CORE CONTENT:
- Master tricky homophones, such as “its” and “it's,” “effect” and “affect”.
- Expand your vocabulary with Greek and Latin roots and prefixes.
- Deepen your understanding of essential grade-appropriate words and their antonyms.
- Learn key literary devices such as irony, metaphor, and personification.
This free app contains options to share content via social media.
What's New in Version 2.0
- Redesigned universal app for iPhone and iPad
- New premium content for the Common Core Standards
- Improved tools to create lists
- Track your favorite word lists
- iOS 7 update
- Fixed Facebook login issues
- Performance improvements
Few additions and improvements required
All the featured provided in this app are very helpful. We can learn and review words that we learned by making lists. A thing that I was doing before on Evernote app by keeping two different lists one for words and other for there meanings.
But I have some more suggestions as it lacks some key features that will result more benefit to user.
1) save the list created by users on device as well so we can refer to them even we are offline.
2) users should be allowed to select more than one meaning available while adding word as it is required quite often.
3) examples should be included for each "meaning" shown so users can get an idea how to use them in real life
After all usage of these words in life is the key reason why we are here and adding these featured will definitely make this app numero uno.
Great except for one thing.
Two things I liked the most:
1) We can create our own lists.
2) We can take a quiz on the words in a particular list.
We except those lists to be available offline as well which is not the case. I hope they fix it soon.
Perfect for CAT preparation
This is exactly what I was looking for. Almost all apps either have lesser number of words or contain excessive words of no use. But in this app we can choose our own words.. Thats really great...
- Category: Education
- Updated: 27 March 2014
- Version: 2.0
- Size: 25.8 MB
- Language: English
- Developer: Dictionary.com, LLC
- Dictionary.com, LLC. Copyright © 2014
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.