Dr Diary is designed for BMA members who are consultants or SAS (staff, associate specialist and specialty) doctors in the UK, on the latest versions of their contracts.
It’s a work diary that enables you to record your activities in real time, capturing how much time you spend on different PAs (programmed activities)/sessions, and how this might differ from your job plan.
Use Dr Diary to accurately reflect the reality of your work, identify patterns to help plan future work, and demonstrate areas for negotiation at your appraisals and job plan review meetings.
Key features include:
• Different ways to view your diary – quickly switch between month, week and day view
• Personalise the list of activities to fit the nature of your work
• Enter all the work categories in your contract, as well as details of private practice and leave
• Add on-call periods and work done while on-call
• Track your work for more than one employer
• Enter activities in either 30-minute or 15-minute slots
• Duplicate a whole day or week of activities
• Update your diary while offline
• Enter details from your job plan to compare it against your actual workload in reports.
This app is designed for use with the website. Once you have completed the diary for at least 6 weeks, log in at doctordiary.bma.org.uk to create and download reports showing the type of work you do and what it means in terms of sessions or PAs.
We’re constantly making improvements to the app and fixing bugs. This release brings some new features, so you can make the most of Dr Diary:
Improvements to sync data when transitioning between offline and online mode.
Fixed data loss issue in offline mode.
Squashed some more bugs.
Need help? Visit the Feedback section of the App and an advisor will contact you.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.