DrawType is a Keyboard Extension that allows you to draw images and paste them into apps that support text and images like, Messages and Mail. Use DrawType to reply to friends when a hand drawn picture might be quicker or more personal than text.
NOTE: To a few people sadly leaving one star reviews. Allow Full Access is required by Apple for the Copy/Paste functionality and Save To Camera Roll features in DrawType. DrawType does not store, log or transmit any information of any kind, but you will still see a warning appear. There is unfortunately nothing I can do about this requirement so please be kind! :-)
- Supports multiple brush colors
- 3 different line thicknesses
- Multiple undo states.
- Tapered Lines
- Full Alphanumeric Keyboard
- Larger Draw Area.
Futures in development:
- additional brush colors including white.
- improvements to the alphanumeric keyboard.
- optimized stroke drawing
- ability to set background colors
- When you are ready to paste your image, hit the copy button. Then do a long press in your text field to paste the image.
- To activate DrawType toggle to it using the Globe button.
- To install the Keyboard go to your device's System app and Navigate to: General > Keyboard > Keyboards > Add New Keyboard and select DrawType.
- Then select DrawType in the list of active Keyboards and enable Allow Full Access.
Privacy and Allow Full Access:
- No personal information or typed text of any kind is recorded or transmitted by this app.
- Allow Full Access is required for the Copy / Paste functionality and Save To Camera Roll feature.
Critical bugfix for the iPhone 6+ where drawing more than a few strokes could cause a crash.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.