Find My iPhone
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Find My iPhone:
If you misplace your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, or Mac, the Find My iPhone app will let you use any iOS device to find it and protect your data. Simply install this free app, open it, and sign in with the Apple ID you use for iCloud. Find My iPhone will help you locate your missing device on a map, remotely lock it, play a sound, display a message, or erase all the data on it.
For missing iOS devices, Find My iPhone also includes Lost Mode. Lost Mode locks your device with a passcode and can display a custom message and contact phone number right on the Lock Screen. While in Lost Mode, your device can keep track of where it has been and report back so you can view its recent location history, right from the Find My iPhone app.
Please note that Find My iPhone must be enabled in iCloud settings on your device before you can locate it with this app.
• Locate your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, or Mac on a map
• Play a sound for two minutes at full volume (even if your device is set to silent)
• Remotely lock your device with a passcode
• Display a custom message on the Lock Screen
• View recent location history of your device while in Lost Mode (iOS devices)
• Get driving directions to device location
• Remotely erase all content and settings on your device
• Battery charge indicator
New for iOS 9:
• View your current location and the location of your missing device on the same map.
• Cancel a pending erase request if your missing device is offline.
Supported languages: English, Arabic, Australian English, Brazilian Portuguese, British English, Canadian French, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hong Kong Chinese, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Mexican Spanish, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
• Find My iPhone 4.0 requires iOS 8 or later and iCloud. You can create a free Apple ID to use with iCloud on your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch or Mac.
• Wi-Fi or cellular internet connection is required. WiFi-only devices must be connected to the Internet via a registered Wi-Fi network to be located.
What's New in Version 4.0
This version of the Find My iPhone app includes support for iOS 8 and Family Sharing.
Lost and found
During a trip to Dubai I once forgot my phone in the mall and went back to hotel. I did not have a data plan and I did not lock my phone either. I immediately sent a locking message via this app. The guy who found it went on wifi and that's it. I could locate the phones location on the map. The phone got locked and the only thing it displayed was my message with a local phone number. He had to call me and hand it over.
Must have app.
A must needed app in every iPhone
Smartphones are nothing if they are not connected to the internet. This app requires the same. It allows you to erase all your datas from your phone or lock your phone that only will be unlocked by giving it to a service center of Apple. All this can be done remotely from other devices when your iPhone is lost
I have few suggestions to apple as this app is a saviour!
This app can be upgraded and would be more useful if-
1. What happens when a thief switch my phone off? Well there must be only online (like a flight mode) which consumes less battery.
2. Best suggestion i have that, if a person make a call from my iPhone, the call is diverted to me, no matters what. He have to call me. This feature can be saviour.
3. If a person tries to change the cellular sim. The above feature gets activated and call me on a alternative number given by me.
You can thank me later, apple. 😜
- Category: Utilities
- Updated: 17 September 2014
- Version: 4.0
- Size: 5.9 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Catalan, Chinese, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Developer: iTunes S.a.r.l.
- © 2012 Apple Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.