Packaged foods can be surprisingly high in salt, saturated fat, added sugar and kilojoules/calories. FoodSwitch has a database of packaged foods to help you identify those that are better for you.
In three simple steps, FoodSwitch can help you towards better health by reducing the salt, fat and sugar in your diet:
1. Scan barcodes of packaged foods with your camera;
2. See simple nutrition information on the food you’ve scanned;
3. See similar foods that are healthier based on established nutrition criteria;
4. Identify Vegetarian products easily.
- Traffic Light Labels – if a product is low (green), medium (amber) or high (red) for salt, sugar, fat and saturated fat;
- Save your healthy favourites on personalised lists.
- Help us track the food supply by sending us pictures of new foods.
Download the app today and find out for yourself why respected health organisations around the world like FoodSwitch!
FoodSwitch is owned and operated by The George Institute for Global Health. The India version of FoodSwitch is a partnership between the Australia-India Council and The George Institute for Global Health.
FoodSwitch is supported by the Australian Government through the Australia-India Council of the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade.
For more information about FoodSwitch and answers to commonly asked questions, visit http://www.georgeinstitute.org.in/projects/foodswitch-india
Screen reader support enabled.
Product Comparison Functionality
Improved Product Scanner
Updated Product Database
Improved Healthier Choice Recommendations
Minor Bug Fixes
Ratings and Reviews
Best health App for consumers
FoodSwitch India is a innovative mobile phone app focuses on helping consumers understand the nutritional composition of packaged foods and make healthier food choices. FoodSwitch works by allowing a consumer with a smartphone to scan the product barcode and then view on screen information about the product in the form of a traffic light label - red (high), amber (medium) and green (low) for total fat, saturated fat, sugar and salt.
High recommended for anyone. and this app provides knowledge and support needed for better eating habits
- The George Institute for Global Health
- 42.9 MB
- Health & Fitness
Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
English, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © The George Institute for Global Health
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.