The official Gmail app brings the best of Gmail to your iPhone or iPad with real-time notifications, multiple account support and search that works across all of your mail.
With the Gmail app, you can:
- Undo Send, to prevent embarrassing mistakes
- Switch between multiple accounts
- Receive notifications about new mail fast, with notification centre, badge and lock screen options
- Search your mail faster with instant results, predictions as you type and spelling suggestions
- Swipe to archive/delete, to quickly clear out your inbox
- Read your mail with threaded conversations
- Auto-complete contact names as you type from your Google contacts or your phone
- Respond to Google Calendar invitations straight from the app
- Organise your mail by archiving, labelling, starring, deleting and reporting spam
- Send and receive attachments
- See profile pictures as part of the conversation
This release brings enhancements that help you get more out of your inbox:
• VoiceOver now announces the correct text when recipient suggestions are displayed
• Search corrections are correctly displayed when conversation view is off
Ratings and Reviews
Stipped down features
The app is a stripped down version and there are several important features that are not there -
1. Cannot delete several emails at once: only option is to delete one email at a time.
2. Attaching a file: the most annoying feature is attaching a file. A file can only be attached if it is present on the google drive or in the camera roll of the ipad. It is extremely irritating to first upload the files to the google drive and then attach it.
3. Print: you can print only one email at a time. If there is a series of email exchange to and fro, you will have to print each one of them one at a time. This is again very annoying.
The web version is better.
Thread email and settings function
In the 1st place it is a very sad that a response is not yet received for my query .
In outlook we can enable and disable the thread email function. kindly add in a key accordingly, find it difficult to respond to appropriate emails. Also I have tried opening the gmail mail box through outlook app but it states IMAP not enabled , I have enabled it but still no luck. The app is getting worse from day to day. Settings are not reflecting as per advise given in help for e.g. Labels does not have functions to enable IMAP . But advise shows it has , I have tried hard to find the correct menus but it waste. I hope this is really looked upon
*This app lets attach big size files easily
*Can delete / mark unread/ read multiple conversations at once
*Easy access hassle free app to use
*Doesn’t hang with a big file or email
*Many more good features are there. This is the best suggested app for people who use gmail often.. I used this once now apart from this cannot find a better and easy app for emails..
- Google, Inc.
- 240.5 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- English, Afrikaans, Arabic, Basque, Bengali, Bulgarian, Catalan, Chinese (Hong Kong), Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Filipino, Finnish, French, Galician, German, Greek, Gujarati, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Icelandic, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Kannada, Korean, Latvian, Lithuanian, Malay, Malayalam, Marathi, Norwegian, Norwegian Bokmål, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swahili, Swedish, Tamil, Telugu, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Urdu, Vietnamese, Zulu
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Google LLC
Get all of your passes, tickets, cards, and more in one place.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.