Offer your quality goods to charity in Hong Kong.
HOW IT WORKS
* Photograph quality items you want to offer (e.g. furniture, electrical, household items, toys other)
* Trained volunteers review items so you quickly learn which ones can help (we can chat with you in the app)
* You choose a transport option for the accepted items
* A huge volunteer labor force processes the items at Crossroads' warehouse
* Social workers help their clients request items.
* Items are received by those in need and a by variety of good causes
You can easily hire a van from right within our app. We recommend this option so that your donation can be completed more quickly.
We currently do not offer our own a collection service. Of course, we'd love to in future so we can help more people. If you of your company would like to sponsor a collection truck please get in touch!
Because needs change daily and storage is limited we apologise that we cannot always accept everything that generous Hong Kongers want to donate. The good news, however is that our app makes it really easy for you to offer things and find out quickly if they are needed.
WHAT KINDS OF ITEMS CAN BE DONATED?
* Items in good condition that could be a respectful gift to a charity or disadvantaged recipient.
* With GoodCity.HK you can find out if your item(s) are helpful just by taking a photo and waiting for review (often just a few minutes). Our reviewers can chat with you in the app if they have questions.
* Typical donations are of furniture, household goods, computers, electrical items and much more.
Read more about how we review items at https://www.goodcity.hk/faq.html
WHAT TRANSPORT OPTIONS ARE AVAILABLE?
* Fast commercial van hire: from within our app you can get a quote and book a vehicle with a driver via our partner GoGoVan. This is the fastest method and you pay the driver directly (if you need help loading the goods at your end then you will need to negotiate a price for that labour with the driver. Our system just quotes the base price for the vehicle.)
* Deliver yourself: through the app you can book a time to drop the items at our Tuen Mun facility using whatever method suits you. Are you moving house? Perhaps the moving company would drop the items to us as part of the job!
WHO IS HELPED BY MY GOODS?
We serve a range of need:
* Community/cultural groups
* Drug rehabilitation
* Educational institutions
* Elderly persons
* Environmental care
* Families in need
* Medical clinics & hospitals
* People with special needs
* People at risk
* Rehabilitation services
* Service organisations
* Social enterprise
* Sports programmes for the disadvantaged
* Suicide prevention services
* Support for domestic workers
* Support for new arrivals
* Support for women
* Vocational training programmes
* Welfare of animals
WHY HONG KONG?
Hong Kong is uniquely positioned to have the world’s most efficient system for charitable goods donations: high population density, small distances, penetration of smart-phones, relative wealth, well organised charitable sector and a climate of growing social awareness.
The Crossroads Foundation has been facilitating donated goods in Hong Kong since 1995 and has developed numerous complex online services (e.g. business.un.org) so developing GoodCity.HK was a natural fit.
- Crossroads Foundation Limited
- 17.9 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2018 Crossroads Foundation Limited
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.