Navigate your world faster and easier with Google Maps. Over 220 countries and territories mapped, with hundreds of millions of businesses and places on the map. Get real-time GPS navigation, traffic and public transport info, and explore local neighbourhoods knowing where to eat, drink and go - no matter what part of the world you’re in.
Get there faster with real-time updates
• Beat traffic with real-time ETAs and traffic conditions
• Catch your bus, train or lift-share with real-time public transport info
• Save time with automatic rerouting based on live traffic, incidents and road closures
Discover places and explore like a local
• Discover local restaurants, events and activities that matter to you
• See what’s trending and new places that are opening in the areas you care about
• Decide more confidently with “Your match”, a number representing how likely you are to like a place
• Group planning made easy. Share a shortlist of options and vote in real time
• Create lists of your favourite places and share with friends
• Follow must-try places recommended by local experts, Google and publishers
More experiences on Google Maps
• Offline maps to search and navigate without an Internet connection
• Street View and indoor imagery for restaurants, shops, museums and more
• Indoor maps to quickly find your way inside big places like airports, shopping centres and stadiums
* Some features not available in all countries
- Filter hotel searches by amenities like free WiFi, pet-friendly, air-conditioned and more.
- View and manage all the places you follow from the Your Places page.
Thanks for using Google Maps!
Ratings and Reviews
Suggestion for additional features in Gmaps
Hi Google team, would it not be a great idea to announce the speed limits on the high way which will alert the user when ever they over speed on road, the inputs on the speed limit can be taken as an input from the users itself as they drive along for which they can be given some reward points and a common reported speed by certain no of people can be taken as a guideline... the idea is from my 14 year old son who saw me paying a penalty of INR 700 last week on bangalore highway because of over speeding without knowing or noticing the speed limits... my son said when google map is offering such a wonderful service free of cost for the public why they should also not add this feature by which they get more closer to their customers... in a way I also thought it will be fantastic to take feedback on the road sides pit shops also and suggest users on various other things as alerts along with the alert on speed limits which is very critical and useful....if you find this idea fruitful pls implement with regards to my son Nakulraj who is just stepping in to 9th std this year.
Regarding names of villages / towns / other places not appearing on their exact images.
It is observed that the names of the villages / towns and other places are not appearing on their images. When we see the images of theses it appears that the names are missing. However when search near these images the names will be some what away from the images. This leads to confusion to which image the particular name refers to. Though the images in satellite looks beautiful and extraordinary, since the name is not appearing right above it, we feel it is some what lacking. An attempt is required to rectify this deficit. It looks for anyone to see the beautiful images of their places and proud of it. In recent times google maps are becoming more and more attractive because of there brilliant images in satellite view and providing lots of information of that place.
In getting the information about the names of places you can take the reference from topo sheets of survey of India.
We hope some thing will be done on this matter.
Faulty timeline feature.
Many a times Google maps doesnt update real time location on timeline. There is much problem in the Pin which doesnt move despite location services, timeline history is kept on. Whenever we try to share the location on Whatsapp or iMessage, some different location is sent. We have to switch on the phone again and again. Timeline for iOS is hopeless. Andriod phones get updated at each and every second. iPhone doesnt update. The "I am here" feature to checkin is also missing on iOS. If thats introduced then timeline will do wonders. Whenever we visit any place and come back, that place or nearby location is also not updated in timeline and history. We have to carry an Andriod phone with us for realtime location update. Please rectify these faults asap. Google maps is best to find routes, ETAs, etc. Only timeline is faulty.
- Google LLC
- 213.1 MB
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
English, Arabic, Catalan, Chinese (Hong Kong), Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © Google Inc.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.