Tez is now called Google Pay!
If you are upgrading Tez from a previous version, your account and transactions are not affected by this change. Find out more at https://support.google.com/tez/?p=gpayindiahc
Send money to friends, pay bills and buy online, recharge your phone, or pay at the nearby café with Google Pay, Google's digital payment app.
Want to share feedback? Write to us on http://support.google.com/pay/india or send us feedback right from the app.
Use Google Pay for All Your Payment Needs
+ Pay and receive money straight from your bank account
Google Pay works with your existing bank account*, which means your money is safe with your bank. There’s no need to worry about reloading wallets and you don't need to do additional KYC.
Using NPCI's (National Payments Corporation of India) BHIM Unified Payments Interface (BHIM UPI), money transfers are simple & secure with Google Pay. You must have an Indian bank account with a phone number linked to it to use this version of Google Pay.
*Google Pay works with all banks in India (https://www.npci.org.in/upi-live-members) that support BHIM UPI.
+ Pay anyone. Even those without Google Pay
Starting a payment is as simple as starting a new conversation with someone in your Google Pay contacts or by entering anyone’s UPI ID or bank details.
+ Conveniently pay bills
Pay for electricity, gas, water, DTH, post-paid mobile, and more. You only need to link your biller accounts once to pay your bill with just a few taps. Google Pay works with billers across the country.
+ Pay online with Google Pay
Google Pay - anywhere BHIM UPI is accepted. When you checkout, look for the Google Pay logo or use your Google Pay UPI ID.
+ Multiple layers of security from your bank, UPI, and Google
Google Pay protects your money with a world-class security system that helps detect fraud and prevent hacking. Each transaction is secured with your UPI PIN, and you can safeguard your account with a device lock method such as your fingerprint. If you ever need it, our help center (http://support.google.com/tez), phone, and chat support are available all day, every day.
+ Transfer money to anyone nearby
Use Tez Mode to send money securely to people nearby without sharing private details like your phone number.
+ Get rewarded
Get Google Pay Scratch Cards (TM) in the app and be eligible to win up to ₹1,000 with each eligible transaction. If you win, your rewards go straight into your bank account.
**See full Google Pay Offers Terms and Conditions (https://support.google.com/tez/?p=offers_rewards) for all details.
+ Paying in shops is easier than ever!
The chaiwala nearby, neighbourhood kirana, and even your favorite salon can now accept payments on the spot with Tez Mode, all while keeping your personal and bank details private.
This update addresses a bug which was affecting the network cellular detection for users on iOS 12.0.x.
Go ahead and use the app now to pay bills, recharge your mobiles, and pay online just like you used to. And keep sending us feedback so we can keep making the app better, one update at a time!
Ratings and Reviews
One of the best payment app
I personally love the app. It’s clean and fast. It can see who has this on the contacts automatically. It can stand out of the rest payment app if google can do 2 things.
1. Add credit cards please. I know it’s based on UPI technology which is a bank to bank transfer. But please add credit card even if it’s outside UPI. You are google. You can get around with technology. No one pay bills using from their bank account. Why do I need to hold credit card if I don’t use for the bills and utilities.
2. For some billers (example BESCOM electricity) app automatically show the current unpaid bill in the app by tapping on refresh button. It’s super easy to see the due amount and one single tap payment done. But for lots of other billers (example Airtel, Videocon D2h) there is no way to see the due bill amount. There is no refresh button, just make a payment button. I’ve to go to respective app to see the bill amount, comeback to google pay app and key in that amount to pay. This involves multiple app navigation with multiple taps. This is not a nice user experience. Who remembers all the bill amount on the head. Google, if you can do it for some biller like BECOM why not for other billers.
If you give these 2 functions then I’m sure this app is going to dominate the market.
Pathetic app !
first of all dint expect an app like this from google.
I started using this app and all of a sudden it got suspended when i tried to link my bank account. Customer rep said u have to submit govt proof I submitted aadhar it was rejected saying this proof is not accepted who the hell dont accept aadhar everywhere its aadhar in india. Again i submitted my pan then they released my suspended account and when this time again i tried to add the bank account it worked for one bank when i tried to add another bank I unknowingly keyed in wrong credentials to which again my account got suspended. come on is this the way u handle things when credentials are not correct rather than showing an error message why the heck do u suspend the whole account. This is the 6th time in a row that happened. Utter nonsense app dint expect this kind of process from tech giant google. I have been using phonepe it works like a charm the way they handle things is way more userfriendly and better than this app. Even the govt run app BHIM does way better than this.
Not getting credit in account and no customer care
Hello I'm a tez user. I added 2 bank accounts to tez and now I don't get any credit in my account. Whenever someone transfers money to me their account gets debited and I can't even see a failed transaction in my tez. I don't get credit from my scratch cards which i won. Customer support is the worst part. There is no customer support, there is only a callback option where you get a call back from a computer and you can wait forever for someone to talk to you about the problem. I tried it twice where I waited for 30 mins hearing a crazy tone. Really disappointing experience from google. Really didn't expect this kinda support from a company this big. I'm hoping someone will see this review and help me.
- Google LLC
- 80.3 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- English, Arabic, Catalan, Chinese (Hong Kong), Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Filipino, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- You must be at least 17 years old to download this application.
- Gambling and Contests
- © Google Inc.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.