All the books you love. On the page or out loud. Anywhere you are.
Meet Google Play Books for iOS: the one app to enjoy ebooks and audiobooks from Google Play.
Dive into a great book today with millions of titles from Google Play on your iPhone, iPod Touch, or iPad. Download your book to read or listen on the go. When you’re finished, find your next favorite from recommendations personalized just for you.
LISTEN TO A GREAT AUDIOBOOK ANYWHERE, ANYTIME
● New! Audiobooks are now available on Google Play Books
● No monthly subscription required
● Navigate chapters with real chapter titles - not track lists
● Pick up where you left off on all your devices
MILLIONS OF E-BOOKS AT YOUR FINGERTIPS
● Preview free samples from our catalog of millions of books
● Read your books, comics, and textbooks even when you’re offline
● Tap the page and watch your favorite comic book or manga come to life with Bubble Zoom
● Take notes that sync with your Google Drive and share them with a group for easy collaboration.
● Use the Night Light setting to automatically adjust the background color and brightness to make it easier for you to fall asleep
* Fixes a bug that caused Night Light to stop working after switching apps
Ratings and Reviews
Absolutely fantastic with one bug
I’ve been using this app on on iPad for the past year and it is amazing.
Also, the recent design change is something that I’m liking very much across all google applications.
There is still this one bug that I wish they could work on- when I try to highlight something and it spans across to the other page, I can’t seem to drag the same highlight over and I need to make 2 different highlights. I wish google worked on this just like kindle has the feature to do it.
Offline usage & Audio problems Google playbook for iPhone
Even after downloading the "Birds of Indian Subcontinent" (Google Play book for iPhone) the book cannot be used offline, (this app requires data on continuously as per my experience). The information about birds is not displayed only Bionomial names and images are seen. Recently there was an update (for iPhone) for Audio improvements, but audio playback problem is still exist I cannot playback audio.
Bug report + No support
On iOS I use speak screen feature to read almost every book. But if I invoke Speak screen by using 2 finger swipe on google okay books app, the audio readout starts, but the app hangs. So I have no choice but exit
When I clicked on support button on App Store to report this issue, I was taken to google support site and as usual but there was a call/chat option which showed as closed. No alternate email address was given.
If you don’t want to support your buggy app, why publish it in the first place?
- Google LLC
- 82.1 MB
Requires iOS 10.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
English, Afrikaans, Arabic, Bulgarian, Catalan, Chinese (Hong Kong), Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Filipino, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Latvian, Lithuanian, Malay, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Google Inc.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.